Friday, May 4, 2018

AYSI174 Shades of Gray Speed Stamping


Happy Friday, peeps! Yay, the end of the week and time for another As You See It challenge!  Does this one spark your interest?!  I have never seen this movie so it might not have the same meaning for you...for me, it means Speed Stamping (less than 10 minutes) in any and all shades of gray!  Fun!


At first, as I thought about this challenge, I was a little stumped, but then realized there were lots of images that I could have used!  While going through some of my retired DSP, I came across this knit paper and thought all the little images from Hand Knit would coordinate and be fun and easy to do.  I assembled my supplies, set the timer and went to work:


I managed to finish in 8 minutes and 42 seconds!  I stamped all the images in Smoky Slate ink, then diecut them with the Stitched Shapes square framelits.  I quickly colored them in with a Smoky Slate blend marker: 

stamped the sentiment from Crafting Forever down in the right hand corner, adhered them on my DSP, matted it with another layer of Smoky Slate and adhered it to my card.  


The only little "extra" I did was to stamp another ball of yarn, quickly cut it out and adhered it with a mini dimensional!!  I love monochromatic cards and this was a fun challenge! 

Now, how fast can you stamp?  Show us your creations stamped in 10 minutes or less over at the As You See It blog!  Can't wait to see them!

Cassidy signed up for karate....she really loved her introduction and can't wait to learn some moves!  She's already got the "HI-YAH" down pat!!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card LeAnne and made in record time! Just look at your little karate kid, too cute!

I Card Everyone said...

Shades of YAY... fabulous, LeAnne! you know it's my favorite color! Miss C has a cute new haircut, too!
=]

Vickie said...

REally cute...DP is awesome...thought is was a 3-D EB folder...lot of dimension

Dawn Tidd said...

Quick and cute, what more could you ask for? That DP is perfect with the cute stamps. I always wanted to knit, but I can't have another hobby! I see Cassidy has a new one though!

stampwithsandy said...

10 minutes? Seriously? I just sit at my desk and stare at my supplies longer than that. Hmm, it is a challenge though. Your card came out perfectly adorable. I love the knit background and cute little themed images. So LeAnne!

Kampin' Karen said...

Wow, that was a fantastic time. Such a cute card and the only type of "Shades of Gray" I would like! Cassidy will enjoy her new-found interest.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MarvA1ix said...

I was just thinking about the Hand Knit stamp set this week while I sat and knit or a class. I really must take it out again and use it, too. It's one I will never part with. Even more so now that I actually knit.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow an under ten card! And so adorable!