Monday, January 29, 2018

ABC Christmas Challenge Antlers and Bird


Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend!  We took a little trip to Delaware to see my dad, it's always good to get away for a wee bit!  

I have been neglecting my Christmas cards and I found a new-to-me challenge called ABC Christmas; their first challenge of the year was "A" for antlers and "B" for birds.  I actually felt very rusty trying to make these cards...not sure what my problem was, as I have tons of Christmas stamps, old and new, but I really struggled with these, so you'll have to just bear with me!  I'll share the bird one first:


I used a CTMH image and stamped it twice, once in Rose Red and again in Mossy Meadow.  I cannot say when the last time was that I used Rose Red!!  I colored the images with Blends, fussy cut them out and glued them together...(I think this is the section that seems awkward to me, I'll need to revisit this differently!)...then die cut a little bird in Kraft and Rose Red (for his wing), did some sponging and popped him up on top of the Crumb Cake ribbon.  I added a little black eye and some white touches...actually, he's so sad that he's sitting on this unattractive card that I think he's actually crying. :(  I did some stitched border diecutting and mounted the panel on some green DSP from Carta Bella called Christmas Delivery.


But I do really like this embossing folder; I got it last year and never used it!  It looks great with Pear Pizzazz!


For my antlers, I got a  deer stamp set and die from Etsy recently and I can't even remember the name of it!  I used the die to cut out the deer from some Wood Textures paper and used the same Carta Bella paper for my background:


The banner was stamped on Naturals White in Chocolate Chip and fussy-cut; the greenery was stamped in Mossy Meadow and I hand-drew the berries with a Cherry Cobbler marker.


These cards wore me out...I need some practice!  Although I don't think I am as worn out as Eden seems to be.....you can tell she is out like a light!  That tongue cracks me up!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Prince of Peace (Close to My Heart), Deer (unknown)
Card stock & Papers     Pear Pizzazz, Rose Red, Cherry Cobbler, Naturals White (ret), Wood Textures DSP, Christmas Delivery DSP (Carta Bella), Kraft (ret)
 Ink Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Mossy Meadow (ret)
Accessories Crumb Cake Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Banner Punch, Birds & Blooms Thinlets,  Stitched Shapes Framelits,  Rectangle Stitched Dies (Lil Inker), Deer Die (unknown), SU Blends, Sponge Daubers, White Chalk Pen, Pine Bough EF (ret), Cherry Cobbler Marker

6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

My, what big paws she has! Don't you hate it when you feel that way about a card? I've had that happen more times than I can count on one hand. Rose Red is a color that can go away I think...but not before I use up all that cardstock and ink! Your DSP is very pretty but I have vowed not to buy anymore until what I have is gone...ha! like that is ever gonna happen. Have a wonderful day.

Betty4 said...

You are too hard on yourself, both of these are great cards. I love birds so the first one would be a delight for me to receive.

Dawn Tidd said...

You're cards are both lovely, LeAnne. You're too hard on yourself! I love the pine EF. I thought it was die cuts at first and the colors are gorgeous together. That bird is sweet, not sad! The antlers look perfect on the white-washed word banner. I love the sentiment you chose to go with him tomorrow! Eden does look pretty comfortable the Rest!

Lorraine said...

I think they're both beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Don't be so hard on yourself LeAnne, these are wonderful holiday cards! The little bird looks perfectly happy perched on your pretty card! I like the different banners on your deer card too. One for him and one for the sentiment!

Dorte said...

Lovely cards you are sharing,LeAnne. Thank you for joining this years first challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope to se you in february too.
Dorte x