Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Viva la Verve


Hi everyone!  Hope your week is going well so far!  I found a pretty sketch at the Viva la Verve blog:


I never realized how much I depend on sketches to get me "going"!!  I needed a special birthday card, so I put this sketch to good use, using some papers from Petal Garden DSP and a pretty verse and image from Inky Antics:


I used a doily from my stash for the horizontal panel, and added some glimmer and white ribbons to hide the cut edge.  I stamped the verse and bird directly on to the DSP with Tangerine Tango ink, and added a birthday sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet in Pool Party:


I added another strip of that pretty DSP on the inside and another sentiment from Colorful Seasons:


Thanks for visiting today!

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I like the sketch and how you put it to use. Great job of tying everything together.

I Card Everyone said...

So gorgeous, LeAnne! Fresh, bright, beautiful verse... and the inside sentiment is just wonderful! SO pretty!!
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so pretty! I love the paper and that stamp is perfect on them!. I don't use doilies enough and you always make them look so sweet!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card LeAnne. I love the scripture stamped on the pretty paper. The doily is a perfect touch. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully doen LeAnne, this is one amazing card!

Carmela said...

Love your card! The colors are beautiful and I love how you stamped the
sentiment on the different papers. Very clever!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card, LeAnne! So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

stampwithsandy said...

Love this! The patterned background paper is so pretty. May I ask what dies/ punches you used for the sentiment? It's layered up so perfectly :)