Sunday, August 20, 2017

Paper Players 358 Get Coloring


Happy Sunday, peeps!  It's that time again....another Paper Players challenge, and Joanne is our hostess with an awesome challenge...I am surprised that we haven't had this one before, at least not that I can remember:


Coloring is very popular right now, and when I first began stamping, outline images were my favorite; in fact, the designs SU had were what drew me to them!  Today, I have more time but I am less inclined to color, unfortunately!  I do like watercoloring though, so for my clean and simple design today, I fussy-cut a feather from the Just Add Color Specialty DSP, and colored it with some inks and an aquapainter:


Believe it or not, I used three colors of blue:  Soft Sky, Marina Mist and Dapper Denim, but since this paper is not watercolor "friendly", they sort of all bled together and it is hard to see the various shades. 


It's still pretty though!  And can you believe it...I added some Lemon Lime Twist for a pop of color!  I stamped the Burlap background stamp on the mat, using Versamark ink so that it would be more subtle.  The sentiment was from Flourishing Phrases; the stitched mat is from Lil'Inker!  

The design team has some fun and pretty submissions!  Be sure to check them out and don't forget to share your creation as well!

Yesterday was Cassidy's big birthday party and it was also a celebration for the upcoming wedding as well, since they are having a family-only ceremony!  It was a beautiful day...I'll try to have some pix later!  Meanwhile, the DQ ice cream cake was a hit on Thursday!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Flourishing Phrases, Burlap
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Marina Mist
 Ink Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Dapper Denim
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, (Lil'Inker) Aquapainter, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your feather notecard today and colour choices LeAnne - you are totally embracing Lemon-Lime Twist! Great idea to cut into your colouring paper too - I didn't think of that! The subtle burlap pattern on your frame is a nice addition too. I know what you mean about time to colour - I love doing it, but it can be time consuming if you need something in a hurry! Cassidy looks like she's having a fun time - the cake looks yummy!

laurie said...

Love your water colored feather..the blues blended perfectly! Happy Birthday to Cassidy too...yum that cake looks delish!

Lisa Elton said...

Marvelous CAS card LeAnne! Sweet photo of Cassidy!

Nance Leedy said...

What a pretty feather--colored perfectly despite the not watercolor friendly paper. I think it just looks like you purposely blended the colors! Love that burlap background too--why don't I have that stamp?! Cassidy is looking more and more like a little lady and not so much a little girl. My how time flies! Glad you all had a great party!

stampwithsandy said...

A real CAS beauty, LeAnne! Love that single feather and the fabulous color combo.

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a gorgeous feather! Beautiful coloring and CAS perfection! Happy Birthday to Miss Cassidy! Hope she has an extra special week! XX

Jan Clothier said...

It's a very striking colour combination and I like the burlap stamp tucked in the background as it adds a nice sense of texture.

Annie S. said...

Beautifully CAS, LeAnne. I like the burlap background and the single watercolored feather as the focal point!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oooohh - I am loving this! Gorgeous blues (all 3!). Happy Birthday to Cassidy!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, what a wonderful time for you all - celebrating a birthday and a wedding! I love your card. The feather against all that wonderful white is just perfect.
hugs
jaydee