Sunday, August 13, 2017

Paper Players 357 Bee Better Soon


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Sandy is our wonderful hostess at the Paper Players today and she has a fun, summery color palette for us:


I am always low on get-well cards, so I thought I would use these cheerful colors with a bee-themed stamp set from Darcie's Heart and Home called BEEutiful:


I used the CAS(E) This Sketch for this week as well:


I stamped my beehive in Calypso Coral on some DSP from the Petal Garden stack, then fussy-cut it out and mounted it on a white panel that had been embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder; I also stamped a little bee in Smoky Slate:


For my vertical panel, I stamped the edge of my Pear Pizzazz card with a MFT stamp called Distressed Background Blocks in Versamark, then I dabbed on some green chalk...remember those pastels that SU used to sell....yep, I still have 'em!  I love the soft effect it gives.  I also added a stitched border and some Calypso Coral baker's twine:


Finally, I stamped my sentiment on a little banner and added a wee little piece of matching washi tape from several years back!!  Still have that too!


I hope you'll pop by the Paper Players blog to see all the other designers' creations as well, or check them out here:



 Cassidy will be home today, and although it has been quiet here and I've enjoyed it, I am anxious to see her!  She starts school in two weeks!!!  Here she is at Jellystone Park in Fremont, IN, relaxing with Yogi and eating her favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps BEEutiful (Darcie's Heart and Home), Distressed Background Blocks (My Favorite Things)
Card stock & Papers     Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Petal Garden Stack DSP
 Ink Versamark, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate
Accessories Washi Tape (ret), Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Scallop Borders Dies (Pretty Pink Posh), Banner Dies (Nestabilities), Pastels (ret), Dimensionals, Softly Falling EF

13 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great way to use this week's colours LeAnne - love the detail on the beehive stamp, this and the border add loads of interest and detail to your CAS card. Nice to know you still have and are using your retired tape and twine and it's not just me hoarding them!! Cute picture of Cassidy too - hope you have a lovely time on her return hearing about her adventures.

Kampin' Karen said...

Beeutiful! The way you used all the elements is wonderful. Love it! I'm sure Cassidy will be happy to be back with you too.

Linda Callahan said...

So cute! Love be how you used the beehive as a sketch element! Looks like Miss C has had a fun vacation!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love that beehive stamp and the hexagon stamping on the edge! You sure made the challenge colors look great on your card.

Lisa Elton said...

I love that bee hive! This is such a pretty card LeAnne. I'll bet Cassidy was anxious to see you and grampy too! Is that Cindy bear she's posing with? I had a stuffed one when I was a little girl!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh such a sweet little hive and its bee. That honeycomb distressed stamp on your border is fabulous as is the stitch scallop die. It's nice when our stash can come out and play isn't it?! Great card, my friend!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty take on the sketch!

Jan Clothier said...

I love the beehive and the little bee nearby. The hive looks so good stamped on a patterned paper. The chalk is a soft look - I like it a lot.

laurie said...

How cute! I love the beehive and the fun sentiment...such a sweet card. A sweet photo of Cassidy too!

Have a great day!

Annie S. said...

What a creative way to use the colors! Wonderful details in the stamped hive, scalloped border and I'm so CASEing that little bit of washi on the sentiment!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so fun! It would certainly make someone not feeling well smile! Great way to use the color combo! The embossing and twine add so much detail! So happy Cassidy had fun in "The Hoosier State!" I know you will be so happy to see her! XXX

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is super cute LeAnne! Love the embossed background!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, i love how you created so much texture on your card with the chicken wire stamp, the embossing folder and the popped up beehive. You really showcased the colors beautifully.
Hugs
Jaydee