Sunday, May 20, 2018

PP394 CAS Blooms and a Tutorial


Hi peeps!  Sunday brings us another Paper Players challenge with Laurie as our sweet hostess!  It's a Clean and Simple challenge...be sure to check out the PP blog to make sure you follow all the guidelines for "clean and simple"!!


For my card today, I chose a simple outline floral from Tim Holtz and stamped it in Stazon Black on some Papertrey Rustic White cardstock:


I loosely colored it with an aquapainter and some inks, then added a sentiment from Technique Tuesday and a little line of washi tape:


I also wanted to show you how I rounded the lower right hand corner of my card with a circle punch!  It's really easy to do!  On this card, I used a 1 3/8" SU circle punch; turn it to the back:


See the dark "groove" under the big silver outer portion of the punch?  That's where the paper slides into when you are punching:


Take the corner of your card and slide it into that groove as far as you can; see how it fits in there?



Very carefully punch!  Your corner will not be perfectly round, as you can see below, but it is easy to just trim it a wee bit to take off the edges at the top and bottom:


so it looks like this:


The less bulky your paper, the less trimming you'll have to do because you can get the corner into the punch more easily!  Practice on some scrap and you'll have it down pat in no time!  And you can use any size circle punch!  I did not come up with this idea, it was shown at convention several years ago!

I made another card with the same flower set, while I had it on my desk!  This time I spritzed some SU watercolor paper with water and Tangerine Tango ink, heat set it to dry it quickly and stamped a different floral on top.  I used some Simple Stories DSP for the background, mounted it on a Very Vanilla card, distressed the edges of my panel and added the same sentiment:


 

On the inside, I stamped the sentiment again in Smoky Slate, added another sentiment to it and stamped the flower again in Sahara Sand:



I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch by my sweet friend Linda, and am also entering it in the Time Out Challenge, which is Inspired by Words:




I hope you'll play along with our CAS "Bloom" challenge this week!  Check out what the DT did as well:

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Sandy
·        Elizabeth
·        Annie
·        Jan


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Flower Garden (Tim Holtz), So Blessed (Technique Tuesday), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Rustic White (Papertrey Ink),  Reset Girl (Simple Stories)
 Ink Stazon Black, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Really Rust (ret), Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Old Olive
Accessories Pick a Pattern Washi Tape
Tools     Aquapainter, 1 3/8" Circle Punch

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Nicely done LeAnne.. Also love the verse about friends and souls...whose is that? Good job with the water coloring

Kampin' Karen said...

I think you are so talented with that aqua painter. I have not mastered it yet. Both cards are beautiful. CAS is so difficult for me but you make it look easy. Your photography is great as well. I'd love to see a photo of your craft area and supplies. You have quite a stash. How do you keep it all straight? You can tell how much Cassidy enjoys what she is doing. You are a blessing so, of course, I am blessed!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous flowers, my friend! I have these stamps and want to CASE both cards! Wow!

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful blooms! Fun and stylish colouring. Enjoy your day!

Linda Callahan said...

Loving your blooms today....and the sentiment font is lovely! And thanks for the rounded corner tip! Didn’t know that! Miss C is so cute in her outfit!

Dawn Tidd said...

How pretty are those cards! I love your water coloring techniques, TFS! I may pull out a bloom! :)

stampwithsandy said...

I love both of your CAS creations, LeAnne. Your loose watercoloring is so pretty, and I love how you used a bit of black and white pattern on both.

Kim S said...

This is gorgeous! I love the loose watercoloring contrasted with the text background - and the colors are fabulous. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jill V said...

The eay you layered that floral stamp over the water coloured background is so pretty - and I love the way the distresses edges of your panel go with the black text paper! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne - I like your approach of a single blossom, and wide-open sentiment! It will be my inspiration, as well as Jan's sponging idea for my card this week. Thanks for the inspiration! -Donna

Annie S. said...

A wonderful CAS bloom! I really prefer loose watercoloring. I think it makes for a naturally beautiful look. I hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne...so love reading your blog...feels like I am home. Your bloom this week is a perfect CAS incarnation! Thank you so much for sharing.

laurie said...

Beautiful cards and blooms! I love the watercolor...so soft and pretty!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two fab cards LeAnne - love the addition of the washi on the first one, I never think to use that stuff! A neat punch tip too!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love both of these cards! That bloom is amazing! Great watercoloring, too! Such stunning creations! Have a wonderful holiday weekend, My Friend! XX

Jan Clothier said...

That stamp looks so pretty the way you've coloured it. I think the washi tape down the side really makes this card.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love both cards, but the top is my favorite. the coloring is wonderful and I love the black and white vertical layer. Fabulous cards
hugs
jaydee