Monday, March 26, 2018

JUGS433, SOS346 and IM343 Hello Spring


Happy Monday peeps!  It's the start of Cassidy's Easter break, so I may be MIA occasionally this week!  I did get some stamping time in over the weekend and I am submitting my simple spring/Easter card to the following challenges:

In{k}spire Me - Easter, and Just Us Girls - Photo Challenge:


as well as the Shopping Our Stash challenge of Easter as well!  So here we go:

 

This card combines old and new!  The DSP is from Whole Lot of Lovely, and the stamp is old, old, old....I am not sure if my friend Teri gave this to me, or I found it at a yardsale!  Anyway, it was one of the stamps that was mounted on a very thick piece of foam rubber...inexpensive, but not really comfortable to stamp with!  I took the rubber off and re-mounted it on cling-mount foam, and it's much easier to stamp with!  Anyway, the set has four stamps...the tulips, the bunny, a basket of eggs and the sentiment.  I made a mask of the bunny with a post-it note, and stamped the tulips on either side behind the bunny, then loosely colored them, and the bunny, with inks and an aquapainter:


This style of line art was what drew me to SU many years ago; I didn't get this stamp when it first came out and always regretted it, so I was happy to add it to my collection!  I finished my image by diecutting it with a stitched oval die, adding a Basic Black scallop mat and adding the sentiment directly on the DSP:


Finally, I added a pretty sentiment from Suite Sentiments (ret), and if you look very closely, you can see that I stamped the basket over the sentiment in Powder Pink:


Now to get this one, and all my others, out in the mail this week!  Thanks for popping by--enjoy your day and be blessed!

Not sure who owns whom!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hello Spring, Suite Sentiments (both ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black, Whole Lot of Lovely DSP
 Ink Basic Black, Powder Pink, Wild Wasabi, Wisteria Wonder, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Aquapainter

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

That little oldie is truly a goodie, LeAnne! The broken line graphic of it is so cute! oh my... so is the pup!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

This is such a sweet card. How many bunny stamps do you have?

Lisa Elton said...

The black scallop oval makes this pop on that wonderful floral background beautifully! This is wonderful LeAnne!

terilee said...

You got it from me, LeAnne...it was a thrift store find for me, though.

Margaret said...

So sweet - I am very particular when it comes to bunnies and many SU are not cute, but this one takes the cake!! Have a wonderful week!

Dawn Tidd said...

Cute, cute! That image is so sweet and looks precious on that DSP! You have such cute bunny stamps. I think you're going to have to add some doggy stamps to your collection! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that bunny in the tulips is sweet as can be!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LeAnne, love the beautiful DSP you used as a background for this super sweet bunny image, love the sketchy look of it.
Thank you for sharing at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
XO

stampwithsandy said...

Awww so adorable! I love that chubby little bunny!

Bobby said...

What a sweet little bunny in the tulip fields, LeeAnne. He goes perfectly with your choice of DSP. I love how you did the inside sentiment too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Macimbalo said...

Such a pretty card - love the flowers and the color! Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!