Tuesday, January 16, 2018

SIP133 Flying Home Celebration


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for a sketch challenge at Stamp Ink Paper!  This one was perfect for me to try out some new goodies, too!

No automatic alt text available.

I had been resisting purchasing SU's Blends, but I finally broke down and got them all!  I was intrigued by the image on the little pocket featured on the bottom right corner on page 41 of the Occasions catalog...it used one of the images of Flying Home (same page), masked and stamped twice, then colored in with Blends.  But the key was using a light colored stamp in which to stamp it so it looked very realistic.  So again, I was just "practicing" on a piece of scrap paper and I liked it so much that I used it on today's card:


I only used the top half of the stamp set, inking it up in Sahara Sand ink and coloring it with light and dark Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Blends.  I diecut it with the Stitched Shapes die, and covered the bottom portion with another die cut, then created a banner with Peekaboo Peach and three layers of the "celebrate" from the Celebrate You thinlets, available through SAB.  I put a layer of Adhesive Sheet under each one, which made it very easy to adhere them together!  Here's a close-up:


The DSP is from Delightful Daisy, and I love how the leaves mimic the leaves in the stamped image!  A couple of pearls filled in the white space at the bottom of the circle nicely!

This is really a terrific sketch, and I hope you'll play along with us this week!  The DT has some amazing samples as well!  Check them out at Stamp Ink Paper!

Cassidy began her ukelele lessons yesterday:




She looks a little apprehensive, but Dana said she did very well!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Flying Home
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach, Delightful Daisy DSP
 Ink Sahara Sand
Accessories Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive Blends Markers, Pearls
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Celebrate You Thinlets, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card!

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, yes, there is no hiding the apprehension! There’s no hiding the beauty of your card either.

Dawn Tidd said...

I knew you would love the Blends! And this is gorgeous coloring. I love how you used just the top portion of the stamp and adding the word die was a great touch! Cassidy will love her lessons and soon will be playing you tunes! :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love this card. These pretty Spring colours are just what I need to see right now.
I can see it with a beautiful Thank You die cut out across there. I'm doing a couple of Thank You card orders right now, so you can tell where my mind it at;) I should jump in on this challenge (although I don't know if I can without having a blog).
Way to go Cassidy - enjoy your lessons.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is so.fresh and clean.....love it!

barb hendrickson said...

What a bright and cheery card! I love it!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love the layout, the colors, all of it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'm with Sandy on this one - I've been desperate to catch up on my comments to let you know my thoughts! This is just beautiful - I love everything about it LeAnne and I'm so glad you caved on the Blends!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just beautiful LeAnne! I like those flowers and the little leaves behind them!