Monday, July 31, 2017

Here Comes Santa!


Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you had a good weekend....the weather was FABULOUS yesterday, warm, no humidity, just gorgeous!  I had time to make a couple of Christmas cards; this one is for the Jingle Belles' challenge of Here Comes Santa:


At the end of the season last year, I snagged several cute Cottage Cutz dies; this one is called Santa Reindeer Border.  I also snagged a Graphic 45 pad at a thrift store while on vacation, so I put them both together with some Tranquil Tide cardstock and ribbon to make this quick, easy card!  All the papers are from the Graphic 45 pad; I diecut a stitched scallop border with a Pretty Pink Posh die and added a little ribbon accent:



And I just love the vintage feel to these papers:


I stamped some sentiments from last year's Stitched With Cheer set on the inside:


And yes, I celebrated my birthday on Friday---thank you to all those who sent cards as well as wishes!  I'll post them on my blog soon!  Cassidy got up bright and early (can you see how foggy it was?) to give me my present, which was a huge coloring book of birds along with some colored pencils!


Of course, she had to test out the pencils as well as the book, even before her breakfast!



That is SOME owl!


Thanks for dropping by today, and have a blessed day!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stitched with Cheer
Card stock & Papers     Tranquil Tide, St Nicholas DSP (Graphic 45)
 Ink Tranquil Tide, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Tranquil Tide Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Santa Reindeer Border Die (Cottage Cutz, Scalloped Stitched Die (Pretty Pink Posh)

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

So glad you had a good birthday and what a lovely present Cassidy got for you (her!) What a wonderful coloring job. I have that DSP and I love it...love your card too. I have the stitched with cheer stamps and the tranquil tide. Only thing missing is the die cut that I passed up at a craft store :-( Hopefully she still has it! So, guess who is going to be CASEing your card!!!

Vickie said...

You know I love this Vintage Christmas card....charming....boy does Cassidy color beautifully....me thinks you may not be coloring in that book...all Cassidy...lol

Dawn Tidd said...

That die cut is fabulous! It goes so well with your DSP find to make a fantastic Christmas card! Love the tiny scallop border and ribbon too. Cassidy's pj's and that bright owl make for some wild times! So cute!

I Card Everyone said...

A perfect gift from this darling girl ... bet she taste-tested your cake, too?
I LOve this vintage paper, LeAnne ... gorgeous card!
=]

stampwithsandy said...

Fabulous Christmas card, love that DSP, and what a great birthday present! Cassidy's leopard pj's are pretty awesome, too!

JoAnn said...

Great Christmas card. Love the die and the papers.
Such a cute picture of Cassidy. Happy Belated Birthday.

Brent Scheffer said...

Great red on vanilla effect! The Tranquil Tide accents very well! Awesome!

lisa808 said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Cassidy did a great job testing out your birthday gift!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful vintage card LeAnne! And what a pretty work of art from Cassidy!

lauren bergold said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again: you just CANNOT post pics of cassidy and her amazing coloring creations and then expect me to remember what exactly i came here for in the first place, lol?! i'm pretty sure there was a GORGEOUS holiday card in monochromatic tones, but with a pop of green that combined a silhouette-style die with the perfect texty patterned paper, that PROBABLY would've been perfect for JINGLE BELLES... but now all i can think about are adorable kiddos and rainbow owls!!! ♥♥♥

jengd said...

And this is well past a day overdue but a very happy birthday to you too!! Just trying to help you celebrate a bit longer. ;)