Thursday, July 13, 2017

Blue Christmas for Jingle Belles and FMS296


Happy Thursday, peeps!  It's been a crazy week with not much stamping time, but I did get a couple minutes to play with an interesting challenge at the Jingle Belles:


Cute huh?  I incorporated the FMS sketch as well:

So here we go:


I used a bunch of stuff on this card, new and old!  The base is 4 1/4" square, Crumb Cake, and I added layers of Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White and Pacific Point. I used a square and oval Stitched Shape Framelit to cut the layers, then used the tree die from the new Card Front Builder Thinlets (available next month); the snowflake die from Seasonal Layers and the little starry image from the new Carols of Christmas (also available next month):


Isn't that tree pretty in Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper?!  And I couldn't resist adding the little fox from Jingle All the Way, as well as a sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit:


Last, I stamped the Burlap background stamp on my card front with Versamark ink so it wouldn't be too dark; just a soft image to replicate the fireplace in the inspiration picture!  This went together fairly easily, believe it or not!  
Cassidy has finally gotten the hang of brushing her own hair and occasionally likes to accessorize her pony tails!  This is called a "JoJo" bow....not sure  who JoJo is, but her bows certainly pack a punch!


Thanks for visiting today!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Carols of Christmas, Burlap, Jingle All the Way (ret), Nov 2016 Paper Pumpkin
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pacific Point, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer
 Ink Pacific Point, Versamark
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Card Front Builder Framelit, Seasonal Layers Framelit, Stitched Shapes Framelits,  Small & Large Dimensionals

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Lovely card and the inspiration piece is so unusual. My set comes today...can't wait to play. I know who Jo Jo is! I met her and Skeebo in person at a breakfast buffet in Disney a few years ago with our grandchildren.

lauren bergold said...

holy moly, that is a beeeeeeeautiful holiday card! (which kind of goes without saying bc you're YOU, lol, and all your cards are outstandingly lovely! thanks for joining our ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ photo inspiration fun!

ps: have to say miss cassidy (& jojo lol!) have kinda upstaged you again... she's a star, that girl! <3

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love those colors together and the scene you created is so quiet & peaceful! Love your take on the inspiration photo! Those pictures of Cassidy are adorable and I love the Jojo bow! Haha! TFS and stay cool today!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow so much to love here.....the inspiration photo, the colors, your card....and the JoJo bow! I have that burlap stamp.....should have used it on my background like you did!

Jen Mitchell said...

You are a stamping genius! You mananged to combine diverse colors and sparkly bits to create the best fusion of inspiration and sketch! I almost used that inspiration photo for my FMS card this week but didn't think I could pull it off. You totally rocked both! Woo hoo!

Dawn Tidd said...

Lovely card! The sparky tree is just gorgeous! The Leom Lime Twist panel just sers the whole thing off beautifully, especially on the Burlap background. That is some bow! I've never heard of a JoJo bow!

Jen Timko said...

I love the non-traditional colors for this. What a fun card (and oh, that tree!!). Great use of the new background stamp too. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

stampwithsandy said...

Such a pretty card LeAnne; I love the colors! Never heard of this challenge either, so I'm off to check it out!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... you really managed to rock our inspiration photo ... the tiny fox is such a perfect finishing touch ... so very glad you got inspired with us at Jingle Belles.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card LeAnne! I love the background and the colours! Love that sparkly tree too! So very pretty! That is one BIG bow!!! It's almost as big as Cassidy! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Furrbster said...

What a lovely snowy christmas scene!

Hugz Tinz