Sunday, June 11, 2017

PP348


Happy Sunday, stampers!  It's time for the Paper Players challenge, and I am the hostess this week with a bright, summery color palette:


Yep, I even stuck Lemon Lime Twist in there....slowly, I am getting used to it!  So here we go:


I have to admit that I wasn't thinking florals when I chose this color combo originally, but I ended up using the flower from Touches of Texture because it sort of looked like a big dandelion!  This is a two-step stamp, but I only used the bold portion, stamping it twice for each flower, turning the stamp a little when I stamped the second time.  Before stamping the flower, I had stamped the big speckle in Soft Sky, and when I stamped the Daffodil Delight on top, the two colors together created a color very close to Lemon Lime Twist---a lucky mistake! 


 I also did a very wee bit of stencilling with Soft Sky on the corners, added a soft seam binding bow  and dragonfly in Soft Sky, and I used the new scallop die from Seasonal Layers on the left side.



My sentiment is from Wood Words, stamped in Craft White on Basic Black and heat embossed with white embossing powder!

I hope that you'll play with us....these are such fun colors, and if you don't have the exact ones, you can substitute something close!  Meanwhile, get some inspiration from the DT:


Cassidy's class had their parents and grandparents come in to school last week to look at their "portfolios"....basically a pizza box filled with some of the work they did over the year.  Parents bring a snack, sit on the floor in the lobby and go over the child's work!  It was pretty amazing to see how she progressed in her reading and writing from the beginning of first grade to the end!  Mostly she was excited to see Mommy and eat mint oreo cookies, LOL!  But she did read us a story she wrote and was published in a little book:



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Touches of Texture, Wood Words
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black, Soft Sky
 Ink Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Lemon Lime Twist, Craft White
Accessories Soft Sky Seam Binding (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Seasonal Layers Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits (ret), Chevron Stencil (ret), Sponge Daubers

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Sweet all the way around. My days of sitting on the floor are over! Sounded like a fun time. I have all these colors so I guess I'll be playing today or tomorrow :-)

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Lovely and sweet! The yellow flowers are so adorable in the lime/pool party frame of colors.

laurie said...

Your card is beautiful! That ribbon....oh..so soft and pretty. LOVE it! I really had a time with the colors for some reason, and now as I am making comments, I see SO many great ideas!!

Have a great day LeAnne!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this card LeAnne - so dreamy and that bow is just the perfect finishing touch! I struggled with these colours too more than I thought I would, but I love them nonetheless - another great Lemon Lime Twist colour combo. Such cute school pictures too - what a great way to celebrate reaching the end of first grade!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is oozing with summer prettiness LeAnne, terrific colors! That little bit of stenciling and the soft ribbon are perfect accents. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time with Cassidy as school. Even better with Oreos!!

Frenchie said...

Oh, so sweet , I love how excited she looks, and pretty, and how much love she has , priceless,
Love it ,

And your card is BEAUITFUL, like always,
Hugs to both of you
Frenchie ♥️♥️

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Your card is gorgeous (as always they are!) So much so that you inspired me to dust off my stamps and ink and give the challenge a try. My card is very similar to yours but as they say, "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery."

Thank you for the inspiration!
Jennifer

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous colors! Beautiful summery card! And Miss C is growing so fast!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love this card. The gorgeous yellow flowers with the pool party are fabulous - the black sentiment makes the whole card pop. Fabulous.
Oh... and I love the story behind the Cassidy photos today. What a cool thing to do for the parents and grand-parents.
hugs
jayvee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love this color combo! So bright and cheerful! Your card is gorgeous! That bow is so pretty! Miss Cassidy has grown so much! First Grade is the best! I love that idea to share their portfolios. I know Oreos made it even more fun! XXX

Gwendolyn said...

I love your card, It's so sunny and cheerful! The colours you chose for this challenge really called out to me and I just had to make a card to play along so thanks for the inspiration!