Saturday, June 3, 2017

CTS224 Jars of Yellow Flowers

 

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Just a quick little card today using the CAS(E) this Sketch sketch:


I am such a literal gal, I have trouble thinking outside the "box", so I put little square boxes on my card, using a small square acrylic block to make my three focal points:


I lightly patted them on my So Saffron, Smoky Slate and Crushed Curry ink pads and then "stamped them on my thick white cardstock base.  I added some florals from Jars of Love, along with the sentiment, a couple of enamel embellishments and some sequins:


The little panel on the left was a happy mistake...I smudged some ink on the left side, then realized I needed a little panel over there anyway, according to the sketch, so I cut the portion off of the front of the card only, then added a little Hardwood-stamped piece to take its place!  I like it!

A little serious coloring time with her Cheerios:


Be blessed, enjoy your day and be sure to come back tomorrow for our next Paper Players challenge!

Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Jars of Love, Hardwood
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Smoky Slate
 Ink Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Delightful Dijon (ret)
Accessories Sequins from my stash, Enamel Embellishments (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Everyday Jars Framelits, Dimensionals, Square Acrylic Block

7 comments:

Michelle said...

A beautiful card....... love this yellow/gray color combo and all of the pretty detail. Just perfect for CTS #224!

stampingbowd said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous!!!! I love how you used the sketch!!! So sweet the way you added the heart. I didn't end up adding a heart on mine. Happy Saturday!

Kampin' Karen said...

Can your granddaughter get any more beautiful? I tried to read what she is coloring..."I'm not meditating, I'm spacing out!" right?? Now to your card...you are genius at interpreting sketches. I looked at this the other day and my brain just did not go there. Thanks for the inspiration. This is a lovely creation all the way around. Great fix for your smudge. I didn't even notice the border on the sketch...lol.

Cathy said...

I really like this card.

CJ

Lisa Elton said...

You can be as literal as you want to when it turns out to be this beautiful! Love every little thing about this card LeAnne. Such a pretty photo of Cassidy too. She looks deep in thought!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

I love your take on the sketch--the colors are so pretty! And I'm a literal gal, too ;)