Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Colorful Seasons Branches


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Wow, this week is flying by!  I saw a pretty color challenge at the CAS Colours and Sketches blog and thought I would use it with one of the new wonderful sets from the 2017-2018 catalog!  So here are the colors:


And here is my card:


The set I used for my card is called Colorful Seasons, and it has a coordinating die called Seasonal Layers!  I usually do not "push" any set to my readers or customers, but I do think that if you want to invest your money in a set that will give you a lot of bang for your buck, this set (or better yet, this bundle) is for you!  It has images for all four seasons, some lovely sentiments, and the dies are wonderful...there is even an awesome SCALLOP edge that I can't wait to try!  For this card, I used the branch and three floral dies, and my background uses one of the elements from Work of Art, a set that does not get enough use from me, so I am trying to remedy that!  I love how the simple "swoosh", stamped a few times with Soft Sky ink, gives just enough background for those pretty florals!  And since I am making samples for an upcoming event, I thought I would make another card, this time using the same images but with the new In Colors of Berry Burst and Fresh Fig for my florals....I did second-generation stamping on both cards to get the lighter color:

Aren't these little flowers sweet?


And this sentiment DOES make me smile! But I think I might cut off the period...what do you think?


Thank you SO MUCH to the reader who shared this tip in a blog comment last month!  Cassidy had trouble holding her Uno cards, so I took two Cool Whip lids and fastened them together in the center with a big brad....worked like a charm!  She can now hold her cards and doesn't have to lay them out on her chair!  She still doesn't put like colors together, but sooner or later, she'll figure it out.  She beat us all last night, so I guess it doesn't really matter!


Thanks for popping in today...always happy to hear from you!  Be blessed!

Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Colorful Seasons, Work of Art
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Soft Sky
 Ink Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Soft Sky
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Seasonal Layers Framelits, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

The UPS man will bring me this set while we are on vacay. Can you believe I still haven't used the Eastern Palace Bundle yet? I've been using all my old stamps for some reason. I really like the one you did with the new in color. I can go either way on the period removal. It's been raining here for four days. Hope your reno is progressing. That was a very clever thing for the card holder.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne they are gorgeous in any color! and OH will I be saving the card holding tip - now I'll have to buy cool whip! and a pie to go with it!
=]

Frenchie said...

Ooooh , MsLeeAnn, what a great idea , I think I'll save that one ,
She so presious , my hubby loves to see pictures of her, when I don't show him, he asks me about her,
Remember you have shared her since day one , lol♥️♥️

And your card is lovely , I love those little flowers ,♥️
Thank you for sharing
Hugs Frenchie ♥️

Lisa Elton said...

Those are pretty little flowers and I like them in both color combinations! What a great idea for little ones to hold cards!! Will definitely remember this trick!

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely card,.....and that is a great tip about the card holder!