Saturday, May 27, 2017

Wood Words Meets Swirly Bird for FMS289


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I feel like this week has been a whirlwind and I haven't gotten in enough stamping time!  Last night we went to a wedding, today is the Memorial Day parade and tomorrow we start dismantling the kitchen!  Yikes!  I did sneak in some crafty minutes yesterday morning and made a masculine card with the FMS sketch:

I had Swirly Bird on my desk from another project (which I'll share later) so I thought I would combine it with the stars from Wood Words to make a masculine card, good for a birthday or maybe even Father's Day card:


The background is the new Wood Textures DSP; I also used it as the water, sponging it with Marina Mist, and stamping the stars on it as well in Marina Mist, Real Red and Craft White.  I stamped my little sailboat in the same colors, made it float on the water, surrounded by a Stitched Shapes square frame, and it was about done!



I did add some star embellishments as well as a sentiment from Colorful Seasons!  I love this vintage look!

The roofers were able to finish yesterday:


and that huge blue tarp made for some interesting special effects in Cassidy's bedroom:


Truthfully, the picture doesn't do it justice....it was like a dark blue night sky with little starlights showing through....reminiscent of Van Gogh's Starry Night!!!  It looks more like an aquarium here!


She loved it!  Thanks for popping in and have a blessed day!


Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Swirly Bird, Wood Words, Colorful Seasons
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Real Red, Wood Textures DSP
 Ink Marina Mist, Real Red, Craft White
Accessories Enamel Stars
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Vickie said...

I love this LeAnne...love how you made the water....

Kampin' Karen said...

Yes, it did look like an aquarium to me. Oh, the joy of innocence comes across in that photo. How creative to sponge the DSP...it really gave it the rustic/vintage feel. I know what you mean about not having enough stamping time. Our week was filled with doctor appointments. I wish they had a place for me to set up Paper Pumpkin!

Wendy said...

Great card and love the wood paper! I just had my Swirly Bird set out the other day and could not get anything to work for me so I put it away! Ugh, don't like days where I feel like my mojo took a hike! Anyways, your framed sailboat is just the cutest and I love the colored stars! Great job and just perfect for the Memorial Day weekend! What a neat picture of Cassidy's room! The darkness probably would have helped me to take a nap! LOL TFS and enjoy your parade today! I hope the rain holds off but it's pretty cloudy here right now after a beautiful sunny morning...

Linda Callahan said...

I love every single thing about this card! And I love how Miss C is enjoying her night sky!

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely use of that wood grained paper. Neither the paper nor the set had grabbed me before but this card is changing my mind. I love the stars as you've done them.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this card!! The woodgrain is fantastic with the nautical/americana theme. I thought of an aquarium, when I saw Cassidy's window too, super cool!

Michelle said...

Great combo! That paper is one of my catalog faves! Thank you for sharing the idea about sponging it to make the water - so clever!!

Karren said...

Fabulous masculine card, LeAnne! The patterns on the paper look so wonderfully textured. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kelly S said...

Awesome nautical card!

Unknown said...

I just saw that you are a princess at FMS for this card. Congrats! I love this card!