Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Two Fifties Make a Hundred - SIP100


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's a special day for the Stamp Ink Paper team...it's our 100th challenge!  Justin is challenging us to make a card with our favorite products this week!  And to sweeten the week, there is blog candy!  Check it out HERE!

Image may contain: text

I can honestly say that I don't have a single "favorite" stamp...each catalog, each season, each mood brings a favorite for me!!  So I really had a dilemma as to how to choose my favorite!  But my friend asked me to create a 50th wedding anniversary card for her, so I pulled out a few of my "favorite" products to make my card:


I started with thick white cardstock...I can definitely say that is a favorite, because it accepts ink, embossing and watercoloring very well!  Then I found a retired embossing folder which is just lovely, called Elegant Lines, and embossed a white panel to sit atop my card.  I know that gold is the color of 50th wedding anniversaries, but I didn't want gold foil, so I still had a few pieces of retired Brushed Gold cardstock and I created a window and a frame for my gold-embossed sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes....another versatile, favorite set!  It was embossed on vellum, and although you can't see behind it, there is music stamped in gold.  My final touches were some gold diecuts from the Flourish Thinlets, numbers from the Timeless Type die, and I added pearl accents to them and the embossed panel as well:



The photos just don't do it justice!!  For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Occasional Quotes in Gold Encore ink and added another gold diecut down the left side:


For even more shimmer, I stamped the flourish from Flourishing Phrases on the envelope in Gold Encore ink...so elegant!


Now just in case you were wondering about "two fifties make a hundred" from the title of my post...my friend also asked me to make a 50th birthday card with a bowling theme, so I printed a computer-generated image a couple of times, fussy-cut some of the pins, colored them and popped them up, to create this card!


I used the Large Numbers die, Labeler Alphabet for the sentiment and the Zig Zag embossing folder for the background!  SO...50 plus 50 equals 100, and it's the 100th challenge for Stamp Ink Paper!!!  And before I forget, let me show you my blog candy, which is winging its way to Justin to go to some lucky recipient!



A few little SU goodies all tucked away in a wee little package!  Hope you play along with us this week!  You could be a lucky winner!!

Each child in Cassidy's class made a video of themselves, telling what they liked about their teacher. One parent will put them all together to present to the teacher as a gift at the end of the school year. Cassidy wanted to get dressed up, and she was so wound up, I could barely get her to stand still to take a photo!  


But the star of the show was the sandals....sparkly!  Too bad they won't make it into the video, LOL!


It's been rainy, so no work done on the addition!  But I'll keep you posted!  Have a wonderful day and be blessed!

Anniversary Card Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Teeny Tiny Wishes, Flourishing Phrases, Music Note Wheel (ret), Occasional Quotes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Brushed Gold (ret), Vellum
 Ink Gold Encore
Accessories Pearls
Tools     Big Shot, Elegant Lines EF, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Die (Nestabilities), Foam Adhesive Strips, Flourish Die, Timeless Type Die, Dimensionals

Bowling Card Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Labeler Alphabet, computer-generated image
Card stock & Papers     White, Basic Black, Real Red
 Ink Basic Black
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Real Red Marker, Copic Markers, Zig Zag EF, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Wendy said...

Both cards are terrific, LeAnne! Love all the gold accents on your beautiful Anniversary card, especially the stamped envelope! The bowling card was just amazing! So love all that there is to look at on that one! Cassidy looked so cute in her picture....even those sandals sparkled! Sorry about all the rainy weather! It's just so stinkin dreary here too and is so un-motivating when my house needs cleaned! LOL

lisa808 said...

Lovely and elegant anniversary card. Those bowling pins are adorable! And, speaking of adorable--Cassidy tops the list!

Kampin' Karen said...

The 50th anniversary card is exquisite, along with the envelope. The bowling pin card...KAPOW! Fantastic job on that one. I love the way Cassidy is standing on her tippy toes. What a gorgeous dress and blingy sandals...right up my alley. Hope we'll get a peek at the video. Do you play the piano? I played piano and organ for 9 years and just dabble in it now. My brain no longer reads the music...it's too busy concentrating on cards...lol.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Both cards are so fabulous. Love the sparkly shoes and the beautiful little one.

gabriella said...

I love the embossing on the first card, very elegant

Marsha said...

LOVE both cards. I have the worse time with anniversary cards. Your white and gold is beautiful. Love the layout.

I Card Everyone said...

How wonderful ... 50 years?! that is such an accomplishment!! Congrats to both card recipients! They are the lucky ones receiving such darling cards made by you, LeAnne! Cassidy I'm betting your teacher will shed a few tears when she watches that video! What darling sparkly sandals you have my dear!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

That is a stunning embossing folder and well befits the elegance of this card with its stylish colour combination. Love the way you've tucked in some tiny pearls too.

Dawn Tidd said...

Awesome cards, LeAnne! Two "fifty" cards to make at the same time and they're both amazing. I love the embossing folder you used on the anniversary card with the Brushed Gold CS, just beautiful. And the bowling birthday card is super fun! The bowler will LOVE it!! Happy 100th post to SIP too!

stampwithsandy said...

Such great cards, and what an awesome post, LeAnne! 50th birthday + 50th anniversary = 100th challenge, love it! You are just so clever!!!

Lisa Elton said...

That is one gorgeous golden anniversary card LeAnne! It's simple and elegant. Everything flows together perfectly. You bowling card is too much fun! Love the dimension on the pins. Cassidy looks so pretty!!

Linda Callahan said...

Miss C looks so grown up on her dress! Great cards.....and I am with you....can't pick just one favorite!

Christine said...

Such an elegant anniversary card and a truly joyful occasion to celebrate fifty years of marriage. I had a hard time choosing favorites for this challenge, and I really admire the way you layered the die cuts! This will surely find treasured spot in a memory book!

songbird cindi said...

We've got a family 40th anniversary coming up this summer, so I may have to case this card using red glimmer paper (40th is the ruby anniversary). This is gorgeous!