Sunday, May 28, 2017

PP346 A Friend Like You


Hello, everyone!  Laurie is our Paper Players hostess today with a sweet little sketch!  Check it out:


This is the time of the year that I am torn between playing with new goodies or trying to use up some retiring goodies that I still have LOTS of!  This Serene Scenery DSP is just so pretty, I admit to hoarding it a wee bit, so I forced myself to use this sweet dandelion scene along with the retired Banner Blessings and soon-to-be-retired Kinda Eclectic:


I stamped the sunburst in So Saffron, then the sentiment on top in Early Espresso.  I stamped it again on some scrap cardstock and cut out the little banner so that it would extend outside the edge of my square.  I added some mats, sequins, and burlap trim, then stamped a dear little sentiment from March's Paper Pumpkin below....I thought the two sentiments complemented each other nicely!


The design team has outdone themselves with this sketch...you can see all of their creations at the Paper Players blog!  I hope you will play along with the sketch and use some of your new--or old--goodies too!

So....we went to a wedding Friday night; it was in a barn, but it was very nicely done.  I am still trying to learn how to do a selfie, LOL!


Then bright and early Saturday morning, we did our little town's Memorial Day parade; John marched behind the color guard:


Then participated in the 21-gun salute with some of the other veterans:


Then, all afternoon, we started dismantling the kitchen....the fridge and stove are out in the garage, the cupboards are bare, and today, the rest of it will be gone...ready for the wall to come out!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details--All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps Kinda Eclectic, Paper Pumpkin (March 2017), Banner Blessings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Whisper White, So Saffron, Early Espresso, Serene Scenery DSP
 Ink So Saffron, Early Espresso
Accessories Tip Top Taupe Sequins, Burlap Trim
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Squares Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals, Corner Rounder Punch

11 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I'm with you LeAnne - old beloved products versus shiny new ones - such a dilemma at this time of year! This card is beautiful though and worthy of cutting into that Serene Scenery dsp once more! I love the layering of the stamps on your central panel too. What a busy weekend you're having - the wedding sounds like fun and the parade pictures are great - the vets all look so smart. Good luck with the kitchen today - things are really gathering pace now!

Doris D. said...

What a beautiful card for a friend. I love that John can fit in his uniform and what a handsome soldier he is. I always enjoy your Memorial Day celebrations. Please thank John for his service and have a nice weekend. And how exciting you are getting a new kitchen. You will be eating out or ordering in for a while!

Kampin' Karen said...

What Doris said, plus I will be CASEing your card and you did fine with your selfie.

Wendy said...

Great card today, LeAnne! Love the color and of course the stamps & paper you used! I think your doing a wonderful job of using a mix of old & new products. For me personally I love when you use your older stash because it breaths new life back into them! I'm sure your stash is just like mine....filled with SO much old stuff but I enjoy using it! Oh my, your kitchen is looking like the wrecking ball is about to come thru! It will be fabulous when it's all finished! I love seeing the step by step pictures your sharing so please keep them coming! John looked fabulous for yesterday's parade! TFS and hope you guys have a great day!

Nance Leedy said...

I can see why you hoard this paper, LeAnne--it's so pretty. Your color and embellishment choices complement it beautifully. Such a pretty card. So exciting for your new kitchen--woohoo!

Lisa Elton said...

I can just see those dandelions floating in the breeze! Wonderful card LeAnne. Wonderful photos of John too!

Brent Scheffer said...

Great Spring feeling form your card! Thanks to John for his service! I was in USAF during the early 1970s.

laurie said...

What a clever take on the sketch! Such a pretty card, love that string you used. What awesome photos of John! How exciting your remodeling is too....can't wait to see the end product.

Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love the dandelions, LeAnne! Such a fabulous card. I hate to see Kinda Eclectic retire. The ribbon looks perfect for your horizontal element! A big thank you to your John for his service. Such lovely pictures! So excited to see your finished project. Have a great rest of the week, My Friend! XX

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, fabulous photos of the two of you at the wedding - and of the parade. I love this card.... the beautiful DSP seems so perfect with the sentiment. Great take on the sketch. Your renovations are going to be fabulous and how exciting getting to choose new kitchen cabinets!
hugs
jaydee

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Great selfie LeAnne!! Beautiful card too - love that design paper!