Sunday, May 14, 2017

PP344 Create


Happy Sunday, peeps!  And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there as well!  Claire is our Paper Players hostess today and at first, her color challenge threw me for a loop!!  Look at these bright colors!  


THEN....I remembered that I had just gotten this new set from the upcoming catalog (and I have to tell ya, I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw it...I love sets like this!) and I knew it would be perfect for these colors!  So here we go, introducing Crafting Forever:


Before I get to the details of my card, let me show you the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch that I used:


Now about the card....not only does it use a new, upcoming set, it also uses a ready-to-retire set (Gorgeous Grunge, boohoo) and an already-retired set (Creative Elements).  I love mixing stuff up!  I stamped my image on thick white cardstock because it accepts watercoloring well, and stamped it again on some older retired DSP to create my pot.  Then I colored all the brushes with an aquapainter and ink, and finally, added some color splatters on the card front.


I heat-embossed the "create" in white ink and embossing powder for my horizontal panel:


And I had originally planned to use this sentiment from the new set instead of "create", but it didn't fit, so I diecut it out and plopped it on the inside!  


I hope that you'll have some fun with Claire's colors this week....there are a lot of pretty samples done by the DT, and you can see them here, or on the PP blog:

·        Claire
·        Jaydee
·        Joanne
·        Laurie
·        Nance
·        Sandy
·        Crystal
·        Valentyna
·        Deanne

     Hope to see your creation there as well!

      Dana and Wayne took Cassidy to a KidzBop concert....her first!


    And I have NO idea what kind of glasses these are....obviously some sort of gamma ray, LOL!


       Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Crafting Forever, Gorgeous Grunge, Creative Elements (ret), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Basic Black, DSP (retired and I can't remember the name of it)
 Ink Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, Craft White, Smoky Slate
Accessories White Embossing Powder
Tools     Heat Tool, Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Aquapainter

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Great card...my favorite on the hop. I'm thinking about this set because our granddaughter is an artist and for the SU stamp. Do you put the Stampin Up copyright on your cards? Love those glasses! Cassidy wears them well!

Lisa Elton said...

I can see why you love the new set, the polka dot pot has me smitten!! Love the splatters and happy colors. Cute card LeAnne. wishing you a blessed Mother's Day!

Dawn Tidd said...

Cute, cute, cute! Those bright colors and polka dot pot would make anybody pull out their paintbrushes and get work. Love this card…goes along with Cassidy's leggings! ;)

Jaydee said...

Happy Mother's Day, LeAnne - I hope you had a fabulous day amidst your renos:-) I love this card - I love the bright splotches of paint and the black sentiment layer with the white embossing really pops. I bought a similar set last year from Fun Stamper's Journey and you have inspired me to get it out again - it's a perfect set for card makers, scrappers and artists. Gorgeous card. Once again you showcased how easily you can switch between genres of cards - and I am in awe of that :-)
Hugs
Jaydee

Linda Handford said...

Love this card.

Marisa said...

Such a fun card!! Can't believe how big Cassidy is getting too!!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this!!! And love the spatters in the background!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fab card LeAnne - this is my kind of thing! I love this set - perfect with these bright colours too. Using the splotches on the background is genius - I might have to keep this set just for that!!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the sketch!

laurie said...

Such a fun card and a fun stamp set!I can't wait to see the new catty...looks like some great sets. Love the embossed sentiment too, looks sharp!

Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Nance Leedy said...

Your adorable card has me giving that stamp set another look! Live th polka dot pot and your colorful brushes. I think the paint splatters are my favorite part--still can't believe GG is retiring! Great card, my friend!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

OMG, this is stunning, LeAnne. Colors fit perfectly the idea and main image.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I couldn't wait to comment on your card! I just bought this set. Your card is just perfect! I feel a CAS coming one. I too love the Gorgeous Grunge set. Sorry to see it retire. I will never get rid of it. LOL! You know how I love polka dots, so this card just made me HAPPY! Thanks for making my colors shine! Have a fantastic weekend! XX

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful! LOVE your polka dot pot too!!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne, what an absolutely perfect way to use this combination of bright colors! Love the paintbrushes and paint splatters. Happy Belated Mother's Day!