Sunday, May 7, 2017

Paper Players 343 Sweet Treats


Hi everyone!  It's Paper Player time, and I am the hostess this week with a "Sweet Treats" challenge:


For my card today, I found an ice cream cone image in the retired Sweet Stuff stamp set, and since I have seen many posts about "no-line" watercoloring (stamping in a soft color so that the outline doesn't show), I thought I would give it a try with my cute little cone! 


I am not sure this was the best image on which to try this technique, but I gave it a go, and perhaps I'll try it again with a floral image or something!  Anyway, I realized I had a Tim Holtz Distress pad in Antique Linen, so I stamped it in that and colored it with some Pink Pirouette, So Saffron and Crumb Cake inks.  I went over the face and arms with a black marker and although you can't see, I added some sparkle with a Wink of Stella pen:


My Cards & Coffee class enjoyed this little fun fold card last week, so I thought I would do one again, this time using some fun papers from my stash and a big glimmer paper frame!  Here's how it looks unfolded:


And you can find directions for it from Natalie's blog HERE.  Finally, I used the cutout portion of the glimmer paper to frame the inside sentiment:


The DT has some yummy samples for you to check out, and I can't wait to see what you create that's yummy, and with NO CALORIES as well!  You can find the links here:


 Just checkin' out the horse and donkey on a bright spring day!




Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Sweet Stuff (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush (ret), Whisper White, Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper (ret), Sweet Treats DSP from my stash
 Ink Basic Black, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Antique Linen (Tim Holtz)
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Circle Die (Lil'Inker), Scallop Circle Die (Nestabilties), Markers:  Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, 1 3/4" Circle Punch

11 comments:

None None said...

So sweet! Sorry, I had to say it because it is true. I love everything about your card, LeAnne - the adorable image, the patterned paper you used and the glimmer paper. I will have to try the fun fold soon. Hoping to get crafty this afternoon when I get back from church.

Nice to see "sunshine" via your blog as it's been so long since I think I have seen the sun. :(

Kampin' Karen said...

Cassidy is a poster child for your colors! I don't have that set but I do have the cupcake so I'll give it a go later. Thanks for the link to the instructions. Have a blessed, hopefully sunny, day.

Nance Leedy said...

Adorable! From the sweet cone, to the fun paper to that awesome interlinking fold. Fantastic card for this fun challenge my friend! I love this pic of Cassidy too--such great composition and movement. 😊

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a bright and happy card!!

laurie said...

I think that lil smile on the ice cream cone is adorable! That fold is so fun too....such a cute card:)

have a great day:)

Dawn Tidd said...

Love that smiling ice cream cone! The watercoloring is super and so is that fun fold. I'm going to have to give that a try! I think the DSP is adorable too.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

adorable smiling ice cream cone! Love the fun card fold too.

Brent Scheffer said...

What a cool collection of Summer treats! The DSP really supports the smiling ice cream cone!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, love the fun fold card and can see how your coffee and cards team enjoyed it. I love the little bit of sparkle you added and that smiling ice cream cracks me up. Fabulous card.
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, what a FUN! card! The DSP is just perfect! The sparkle is just perfect, too! Hope you are having a great week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your fun fold LeAnne and your no-line watercolour cone coordinates beautifully with your chosen paper - yummy! Hope your coffee and card lsfies liked it too! A great challenge this week!