Wednesday, May 17, 2017

One Layer Pink and Black


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Wow, it has been a beautiful week here in SE PA so far--a blessed relief from the rain and chilly temps we had last week!  I challenged myself to make a one-layer card yesterday for two challenges:  Addicted to CAS's prompt was "pink", and Less is More  wanted a one-layer card with stripes and spots!


I wanted to use the new In Color, Powder Pink, so I took a sheet of cardstock and stamped the floral image from Wood Words (in the upcoming catalog) in Basic Black ink, masking off one edge, and adding a stripe with my black marker:


I inked in a few of the flowers with a white gel pen, then added white "spots" with Timeless Textures, and lastly, a sentiment from Watercolor Wonder and a few flowers from a past Paper Pumpkin set:



I was amazed at how well the black stripe came out!  I used a ruler and just ran my marker down the edge, and it worked perfectly!  It really gives the effect of multiple layers, but it's just one!

A few days back, someone asked about how I catalogued my Paper Pumpkin kits but she didn't leave an email, so I couldn't answer her directly.  Unfortunately, I did not keep a log of what set was featured each month, but I did notice that on Splitcoaststampers, if you go to the Stampin' Up! gallery, there is a section that features My Paper Pumpkin and you can search through and perhaps find when the set came out. In the future, I'll be sure to note the month that it was released!!  Meanwhile, I just mounted all my sets on an individual piece of EZMount Stamp Storage Panel, cut to size, numbered them, and then made an Excel spread sheet listing all the images and sentiments.  Then I stored them in an old stamp case.  That way, if I want a certain sentiment or image, I search for it in my spreadsheet, find what number it is and locate it in my case.  Not the best system, but it seems to work for me.  And if any of my readers have any tips for how they store their PP kits, or how to go back to identify which month they came out, let me know!  And be sure to include your email so I can get in touch with you!

Thanks for popping in to check out my one-layer card!  Hope you have a blessed day!

Yesterday the big concrete truck arrived and my BIL and nephew went to work:



Then they started removing some of the siding and today they're working on floor joists!
  

And in all the excitement, I got no photos of Cassidy!  Sorry!

Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Noted
Stamps Wood Words, Timeless Textures, Watercolor Wonder, Paper Pumpkin
Card stock & Papers     Powder Pink
 Ink Basic Black, Craft White
Accessories
Tools     Basic Black Marker

14 comments:

Claire said...

So pretty and elegant LeAnne, loving that new colour!

Wendy said...

Super cute card! Love the Pink & black color combo, LeAnne! How exciting all the work that is going on at your house! They seem to be working at a pretty good pace and hopefully soon it will be completed and life will get back to normal! You are SO gonna love it and all the extra space! So excited for you and love seeing the day by day photo's! TFS and stay cool today....the heat & humidity is making a comeback but they say it is short lived...Yippppeee! :)

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE this pretty shade of pink and black together. This cards just make me happy!! Things are really moving along on your reno, how exciting!!

Dianna said...

That was me that wrote the comment about the PP storage. Thanks! Love this card. dianna316@msn.com

Kampin' Karen said...

You ARE amazing! This one layer card is wonderful. On Facebook there is a Paper Pumpkin fan club. The admin is Rachel Tessman. Once you join, you can check out their files and photos. There are pdf's of the kits for 2016 and 2017. It shows the month, name of the kit, photo of stamp set, number of stamps and color of ink spot.

Unknown said...

Enjoy looking/reading your cards everyday. Also enjoy seeing the addition pics. Just added on to my home as well.

I Card Everyone said...

What?! This isn't a little black ribbon? You are so clever, and daring - it's perfect, and perfectly lovely in pink!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

So clever and so sweet! It just so does not look as though it's one layer.

Trina P. said...

Pretty pink card LeAnne. The spots look great behind the sentiment. Unfortunately, our challenge this week is OLC spots AND stripes. I understand where the confusion came from the / should have been an & symbol). Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us this week at Less is More.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Thanks for the comment you've left on the Kim challenge blog LeAnne. I think your card is beautiful and so feminine​. I guess we card so no need to apologise. It includes spots in a striped pattern as well as the bold black stripe and sentiment stripe too. A brilliant design and perfectly CAS and one layer delight too! Thanks for playing with us at Less is More x

Susan said...

Pretty card...pink and black is so dramatic. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Kathy said...

Very dramatic, gorgeous card!! Love your colors!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful one layer card. That strip sure looks like DSP. You did a great job on it. Love the addition with the white gel pen.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, so glad that the weather has warmed up and things can really start moving at the house. How exciting for you! I love the border you created on your card - especially with that soft polka dot horizontal layer. I rarely stamp on colored card stock and you have inspired me to do that this week. Gorgeous card, my friend. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
jaydee