Thursday, May 4, 2017

MTS175 Camping Birthday


 

Hi everyone!  A little late this morning, but I did have some quiet stamping time today before going to Bible study, so I whipped up a birthday card for our minister, using the sketch from Match the Sketch:


And here we go:


I am not sure how much of a camper my minister is (or was), but I KNOW he loves a good campfire! When I saw these papers from Scrapberry's Forest line, I knew I had to incorporate them into his card!  Doesn't this fire look real?


I cut out the tent and trees from the same page of paper, then backed it with a circle of Always Artichoke and a Crushed Curry stitched ray from a die that was a gift to me:


I added a vellum banner backed with some of the same DSP and stamped a sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin kit in Early Espresso and added some candy dots to finish it off!  I love how the sunrise seems to be peeking out from behind the tent!

And speaking of sunrise, it was nowhere to be found on this foggy morning a few days ago!  We walked to the bus stop:


but along the way, we noticed several spiderwebs in the swamp, covered with dew.  I don't particularly care for spiders, but I think their webs are amazing! 


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details--All Products Stampin' Up Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Paper Pumpkin "celebrate"
Card stock & Papers     Tip Top Taupe, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Vellum, Forest DSP (Scrapberry)
 Ink Early Espresso
Accessories Candy Dots
Tools     Big Shot, Sunray Die (maker unknown), Radiant Sunflower Die (Simon Says Stamp) 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Banner Punch (Nestabilities), Dimensionals

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

it absolutely does look real ... a fantastic use of DP, LeAnne ... cutest little design. LOve those foggy morning photos, too! xx
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

My husband loved the campfire and is encouraging me to get the paper! He also wants me to get paper that relates to St. Patrick's day. Have you ever made any cards for that holiday? Your pastor will love the card...we do! How do you find out about all these different companies?

stampwithsandy said...

Super cool card! Love those papers!

Dawn Tidd said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! That paper is wonderful and I love the sunshine die cut behind the tent scene. This is perfect for a guy whether or not they like camping!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you used that DSP! Terrific card! Those pictures take me back to the days I rode a bus.....centuries ago......I loved riding the school bus but hated getting up early to catch it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that DSP LeAnne - totally makes your card! A timely reminder too to rejoice in the little things with that pretty spider web, despite the foggy morning.

Lisa Elton said...

This is fabulous! I like the sunburst behind the little tents. My camping addict uncle and sister-in-law would both love this so much!! Spider webs are intriguing , aren't they!!

sabine mayer said...

Hallo,

vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch-tolle Karte hast Du eingereicht-
Geniale Idee !

Liebe Grüße aus
Sabines-Kreativecke

Fanny said...

Ui…die ist ja mal schick geworden, gefällt mir! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch und viel Glück bei der Challenge! Liebe Grüße, Fanny