Saturday, May 20, 2017

Mojo496 with CTD443


Happy Saturday, peeps!  Hope your weekend is going well so far!  I found this gorgeous color combo at Color Throwdown, and guess what---it uses that (ahem) sassy little Lemon Lime Twist!  SO since I already had some cardstock on my desk, I went for it, combining it with the Mojo sketch:


Since these colors seemed so summery, I pulled out Day at the Beach and used it one more time; so sad it didn't make it into the big catalog!  But here we go!  I used Lemon Lime Twist, Summer Sun and Pool Party for my card:


My friend Dawn had a fun card here using strips of cardstock to create a background, so I used the challenge colors to create mine too....great technique! Then I stamped the images and colored them in with a blender pen, adding some enamel dots for fun:


Finally, I used a Paper Pumpkin sentiment from January 2017 and a couple of non-SU stitched dies:


I can handle Lemon Lime with these colors!!

I had a few responses to my Paper Pumpkin storage and cataloging question!  One person suggested the Facebook page "Paper Pumpkin Fan Club"....you have to request to join, but I did find the dates of a few of the sets I was looking for.  I think you can also search on Splitcoaststampers, which is also a treasure trove of information regarding just about every SU set!  My new friend Lynn shared some photos of how she stores her sets, and says:



"I found the CD Case at Staples. (I've purchased the Paper Pumpkin kits from day one and all of them are in this case and there is still room.)  I put each stamp set and the instructions from the kit into a small plastic sleeve that I purchased from Simon Says Stamps.  I labeled each sleeve with the name of the kit and the corresponding date."  If you want further information about her system, let me know!  She is very organized!

Well, the outer construction is about done; new siding and roof will be put on next week:


Our bedroom originally ended where the diagonal lumber was....now we have lots more head room:


and a really big window to let in a nice cross breeze!!


Of course, we had to have a little mishap:


Yes, one of the carpenters slipped and came through the ceiling in the kitchen!  Blessedly, he was okay, but he needed to be "extracted" by my nephew!  And the ceiling was going to have to be cut in that area anyway!  I was not home when it happened, I am sure I would have probably been frightened out of my wits!

And I finally got a cute photo of Cassidy at breakfast:


She wanted me to take this picture so she could put it in her diary...she is making it like a photo album!  The caption she wrote:  "I love eating breckfast AKA I LOVE EATING!"  Too funny!

Enjoy your day, be blessed, and be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!

Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Day at the Beach, Paper Pumpkin (Jan 2017)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist
 Ink Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black
Accessories Enamel Dots
Tools     Bit Shot, Decorative Dots EF, Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lil'Inker), Bundle of Stitched Shapes Dies (Simon Says Stamp), Adhesive Sheets, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this summmery card LeAnne and it's given me an idea for something too, so thank you! I'm loving your love-hate relationship with lemon-lime twist - I used it on my card for tomorrow and instantly thought of you! The extension is looking great, barring the minor mishap! Love Cassidy's journaling comment too - sounds like another little girl I know, Rebecca lives for food, I swear!

Wendy said...

Super fun & cute beach card today and I have to tell you, it does not feel like beach weather outside this morning! What a difference a day makes! Love the embossed cardbase and your stitched panel & tag! So happy that your frame work is all most finished and it's looking great, too! Adorable picture of Cassidy and I love her idea for her journal! TFS and have yourself a great Saturday! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

I absolutely ADORE this card and the colors. I need to make it for someone in our community who loves the beach. It is so bright and cheery...just like your bedroom will be. We had the falling down on the ceiling happen in our house too. It is frightening and glad no one was hurt in the process. The photo of the "organizing" didn't come through for me. Stockpiling the boxes is easier for me but maybe you can persuade me with a picture ;-) Cassidy is a special child with all her interests and she is a girl after my own heart with the love for eating...lol. I eat my Cheerios dry :-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love your posts, LeAnne. :-) I'm happy to see progress on your construction of the addition and always love seeing Cassidy pics. The card is adorable! I cannot see the pic of stamp storage though.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Thanks for adding the storage pic, LeAnne. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing it. Have a fun weekend!

Dianna said...

I'm so glad I asked you the question how you store your paper pumpkins. This is a very neat way. I have been storing mine in a Project Life Album and pocket pages. I love the color combination on this card.

~amy~ said...

Such a great summertime card!
Your construction progress is going good. Oh boy, so happy that the carpenter is okay! How scary!

terilee said...

The photo didn't come through for me, either, LeAnne. Your card is beautiful!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a lovely summer card. Bring on the flip flops! :) So glad you could join us for Mojo Monday.

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE summer card LeAnne! Thank goodness the carpenter is okay. The construction is really moving along, bet you're excited!! Sweet photo Cassidy ;)

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE that new green SU color! Your card is such a fun summertime creation! Oopsie to the little ceiling mishap! That happened to my BIL years ago - lol!

Broni said...

Such a cute and fun card, LeAnne! Just my (beachy) style!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this, LeAnne! Your striped paper pieces look awesome on this card with the fun summer images. Bright & cheery!! Thanks for sharing your renovation, can't wait to see it finished!!

Carol_F said...

I recognized the storage box immediately as one of the Really Useful Boxes Inc products sold at Staples, Office Depot and more places. I have them in all sorts of sizes that are created to exactly fit some common products like #10 envelopes, pens, Stampin' Up! boxes (not really ... generic videotape boxes) ... For example, the 3 liter box holds CD's in one direction and video tape boxes in the other, perfectly sized. I store my Stampin' Up! stamp boxes in the longer and larger ones that are designed to fit the VHS tape boxes exactly ... two different sizes ... one with space for a long row and the other will hold three medium length rows ... #10 envelopes have a box designed for them too ... I luv these boxes! Having a good latch to keep the top on and stacking up so they don't slip and slide are also great features. No ... I do not work for them! LOL