Friday, May 12, 2017

FMS287 Wood Words Note


Hey everyone!  It's Friday....thank goodness!  It's been a long week!  I got some of my new SU goodies and finally had time to play with them...this is a really simple card using Jen's sketch at FMS:

I used two new items, the Wood Words set, and the Fresh Fig In Color:


Yesterday was our last class in Community Bible Study and I wanted to make a thank you note for my leader, so I just sort of threw this monochromatic creation together!  There are lots of fun elements in this set, I just can't wait to play with it more!  But here, I just stamped the floral image randomly on a piece of white cardstock, then stamped a separate little image and fussy-cut a flower out to put atop one of the elements in the set, then added the sentiment.  I thought the background looked a little bare, so I stamped the Hardwood background image on the base.  


You can be sure to see more of this set in the future!

Nothing like playing in the dirt and cement, just after you've had your bath, LOL!


And if construction photos bore you, you can just stop here, LOL!  The footers are poured:


And they began laying the block foundation; unfortunately, the rain kept them from finishing, so hopefully today they'll be back!  We have spent the last couple days looking at kitchen cabinets.  My head is swimming from so many decisions!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Wood Words, Hardwood
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Fresh Fig
 Ink Fresh Fig
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Die, Bitty Banners Die (ret), 1" Circle Punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

We should have gotten together today, I used the dies and you used the stamps from this bundle! I love all the Fresh Fig, especially how the Hardwood background turned out. I never this of using other colors, than browns, with this stamp. And you fussy cut that flower? So cute!! Can't wait to see your finished addition and renovation. Cassidy is the inspector!

Colleen Begley said...

I love the richness of the Fresh Fig shade. Very pretty card. Construction is a pain, but it will be well worth it I'm sure. Have a good weekend!

Lisa Elton said...

That woodgrain background really kicks this up a notch, so pretty Leanne!! Can't wait to see the finished product on your construction. My head has been swimming with the decision of what kind of tree to plant in our backyard. I can't imagine that cabinet dilemma!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I was going to say what Lisa already did - that woodgrain background gives your card a real pop. And I love that you made your own floral patterned paper too!

Kim S said...

Fresh fig and white is a wonderful combo - so fresh, and it makes such a statement! Your patterns are fabulous together. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Linda Callahan said...

Loving the fresh fig! Pretty card! And renovating is hard work! I hate making those decisions .... Especially because you are spending a fortune and don't want to make a mistake!