Monday, May 15, 2017

Blue Christmas


Happy Monday, all!  A quick little card today, a Christmas one for the Jingle Belles, and the theme of their challenge is Blue Christmas!  This image from an Artistic Outpost set called Snowy Woods, and it's one of my favorites:


It was stamped on Papertrey's Rustic White cardstock, which is similar to SU's Natural White, in Dapper Denim ink, then mounted on a Dapper Denim card base.  I just love this rustic-looking St Nick!

I stamped some pine cones around the outside edge, added some silver ribbon trim and a few little silver stars in the sky!  Another card for my stash!  And the sentiment on the card is from a poem from Robert Frost...it's a sweet poem, if you Google it, it's a nice wee little read!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend...I must say, it was a lovely Mother's Day in the Pugliese household!  The sun was shining (finally), Wayne took Cassidy shopping and got a sweet little mug set - one for me and one for Cassidy - and they say "Grandma and Me"!  So cute!


Then he made dinner for all of us:  steak, shrimp, broccoli, pasta salad and tossed salad:


And then he and Cassidy assembled some strawberry shortcakes for dessert:




Aren't they fabulous-looking?  And best of all, he cleaned up the whole kitchen!  It was delicious and a real treat for me and Dana!!!  Thanks, Wayne!  And thanks for everyone for popping by today!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for my Stamp Ink Paper challenge!

Project Details--All Products SU Unless Noted
Stamps Snowy Woods (Artistic Outpost), Evergreen Holiday (Cornish Heritage Farms ret)
Card stock & Papers     Dapper Denim, Rustic White (Papertrey)
 Ink Dapper Denim
Accessories Silver Ribbon
Tools     1/8" Punch, Big Shot, Star Dies (Verve)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

You have the neatest goodies for your projects! Wayne is a keeper!! So glad you and Dana were treated like royalty!

Wendy said...

What a pretty Christmas card, LeAnne! Just love that Dapper Denim color!! WOW, Wayne sure spoiled you & Dana! We had the steamed shrimp Saturday evening and the steaks Sunday for Mother's Day but I think he topped off your meal perfectly with the strawberry shortcake! Yummy! Good job, Wayne! Oh BTW, is Dana jumping ship on me...she's wearing an Eagles sweatshirt!!! Ughh! LOL Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day....and I loved the cups, too! TFS and enjoy your day! :)

I Card Everyone said...

A gorgeous blue Christmas it is, LeAnne! and OMG how pampered the two of you were - well deserved, and the cutest little gift, too! I see a tea party in your future!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous! And the picture of you and Miss C is adorable!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that card - great sentiment. So glad your Mother's Day was a good one - love your 'hers & hers' mugs and dinner looks delicious, what a treat!

Lisa Elton said...

Marvelous card LeAnne! I always like seeing blue and silver together. Looks like a scrumptious dinner and that dessert...YUM!!

SmilynStef said...

I just bought some of that rustic white cardstock ... it looks so pretty with navy ... one of my favorite stamps too ... so glad you're celebrating a BLUE Christmas with us at jingle belles.

Lisa said...

This is just beautiful LeAnne! It caught my eye in the Jingle Belles gallery right away!

Glad you had a lovely Mothers Day!

lauren bergold said...

sooooo beautiful and peaceful! another KNOCKOUT christmas card! thanks for celebrating "blue christmas" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Lorraine said...

I love how this is simple yet it smacks you in the face with it's beauty. I absolutely love these colors together. Cute mugs too!