Monday, May 8, 2017

AYSI149 Glimmer Balloons


Happy Monday, everyone!  My birthday card stash is a little low, so my card today will go to remedy that!  It uses the As You See It sketch, and I went very literal with it:


This card began as one thing and morphed into something else totally different!  I found this ombre pink DSP in that huge stash I was talking about earlier in the week and thought Blush Blossom glimmer paper would go with it....and then I thought how black stars would look cool with it and it just went on from there:


I also embossed the background with the Lucky Stars embossing folder; added a banner of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper and a diecut "yay" in more Basic Black glimmer paper!


The inside featured a small strip of the same ombre paper and a Paper Pumpkin sentiment.  Speaking of Paper Pumpkin, I went through all of my sets and cataloged the sentiments and images....yikes, there are a lot of them!  I hope to use them more often!


Thanks for popping in today--be sure to stop back tomorrow!  I'll have two posts for you to peruse!

Cassidy will make "art" with anything she can find...here she is drawing a jack-o-lantern with water and a watering can!!!


 Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details--All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Paper Pumpkin birthday
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Whisper White, Glimmer Paper in Basic Black, Blush Blossom and Dazzling Diamonds, Crate Paper DSP
 Ink Basic Black
Accessories Silver Twine
Tools     Big Shot, Lucky Stars EF, Balloon Punch, Mini Treat Bag Die, Large Numbers Die, Star Die (Verve), Dimensionals

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your sparkly balloons, this is a cheerful card! Water art, who knew!!

Kampin' Karen said...

Really cute card. I love pink and black together. Glad to see you are getting organized with your PP stamps. I already did that but forget to look at the pictures...lol. I dropped out of PP but then when they started doing the hints on Facebook, I rejoined FOR THIS MONTH ONLY!!! LOL. I don't have room for anymore kits. Have a blessed week and I'm so pleased that Cassidy has such a great imagination.

Dawn Tidd said...

I love this! That ombre paper is to die for and the glimmer paper balloons look amazing on it!! That banner is perfect for it too. Cassidy is so creative!!

Jan Clothier said...

I always overlook glimmer paper when I'm crafting, but I see that I should use it more often! You've shown how it adds an air of celebration. I like the ombre paper too- subtle but effective. Have you joined us yet at As You See It?

Dianna said...

LeAnne, I have a couple of questions. Do you know what month/year this birthday PP is from? Also you said that you went through all of your PP sets and cataloged them, how did you do that? I have a lot of mine in a binder but have to look through the whole binder everytime I want to use one. There has to be a better way. Dianna

Heather Cooper said...

LeAnne, I got quite the chuckle out of Cassia making art with the watering can! She definitely has had that creative urge passed on to her! I love the sparkly glory of the glimmer paper in your project and the contrast of the black on the pink! I also love the blocky font of the die cut yay! Good to see you again at As You See It Challenges!