Friday, May 5, 2017

Awesomely Artistic WC Birthday


Happy Friday, peeps!  Yay, it's the weekend, although it is calling for lots of rain, it's okay...I have plenty of indoor activities to keep me busy!  I did some late-night stamping last night; I thought I would work on some light watercoloring and pulled out Awesomely Artistic and played around with it a bit:


I used SU's watercolor paper and Stazon ink, then watercolored the flowers with Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijon and Tangerine Tango, and the leaves with Mint Macaron.  I added a little shading with Sahara Sand and mounted it on a Mint Macaron base.  I added a sentiment from Watercolor Wishes, along with some sequins and pearls.  I was thinking about entering it in Bonnie and Loll's CAS Watercolor challenge for May, which is flowers, but I am not sure it's CAS enough.  I'll try and if they toss me out, that's okay!


  

Thanks for popping in and enjoy your weekend!

Cassidy was determined to make her own PB&J for lunch the other morning:


Spreading the peanut butter was a wee bit of a challenge, but she did pretty well!  She is growing up too fast!

12 comments:

Claudia said...

Sweet card, LeAnne! Coughing hello from Germany... 😁

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors you used.
Yes, Cassidy is growing up. I see she is cutting the crust off her sandwiches. My kids used to do that too. :) Have a great weekend.

Kampin' Karen said...

So, if I were on the B & L's CAS Watercolor team, I would let you slide! Your coloring is fantastic and I love your use of the Sahara Sand. What did you do for your background on the Mint Macaron? I do the same with my sandwiches...cut the crusts off. My mother always said if I didn't eat the crusts my hair wouldn't be curly. Well, I had a head of hair like Bozo the clown and that's what they called me in school. Today that would be considered bullying I bet. Now that I'm old and gray, my hair is no longer curly...only wavy. I'd give anything to be called Bozo again...lol. Have a great weekend.

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty! I love all the background stamping!

Jan Clothier said...

This stamp set is one of my favourites and I love what you've done with i! Such gorgeous soft background stamping to give the bold bunch a ground. Lovely!

Loll said...

I love the distressed look of your background, LeAnne. Great colouring of your pretty bouquet of flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! The kids do grow up so fast, don't they. Pretty impressive Cassidy could make this sandwich all on her own. :) xx

Frenchie said...

Ooooh my goodness, she sure is , how sad , right ? , she's just toooooo cute , love how she concentrated on doing it well, great job Grandma,
I hope I learned from you , it's hard , but it's getting better ,

And your card is BEAUITFUL, Tfs
Hugs Frenchie,

Bonnie said...

We can't toss this pretty bouquet, LeAnne! This is one of my favorite sets and this flower stamp is way underused in my studio! I need to rectify that! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! Cassidy even cuts off the crust! Very impressive!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Distressed CAS design, LeAnne. I love how you used this SU bouquet and your pretty color choices. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Cassidy is such a cutie. Very creative the way she is cutting up her P&J sandwich :-) TFS..

Hugs..

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this card LeAnne - a watercoloured work of art! So much detail and texture, yet still beautifully CAS. Cassidy looks so determined to get those sandwiches just so - I'm sure there tasted even better because she made them herself!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh is this ever pretty! I like the bouquet of flowers and the colors. Yes, Cassidy is growing up SO FAST!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous floral card LeAnne, love it... and go Cassidy great job getting her own sandwich