Friday, March 3, 2017

TSOT311 and SUO169 A Lot of Green


Happy Friday, peeps!  I rarely make St Patrick's Day cards, but when I saw the SU Only Challenge this week, which is "Celebrating Green", as well as the Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch with the option of plaid, I just had to pull out this golden oldie stamp set, Gift Givers!  So here's the sketch:

And here's my card!  

I had already chosen the green plaid paper from the Warmth & Cheer pad before I even saw the plaid challenge!  I stamped my little leprechaun on some watercolor paper and colored him in with an aquapainter and inks:



And how cool is it that our stitched ovals fit the sentiments from Teeny Tiny Wishes?!  I stamped, punched and diecut this sentiment for the inside:


I also added some embossing with the Cable Knit EF, some Gumball Green stitched ribbon, and a couple of mats in Garden Green and Basic Black!  I had fun making this one!  Thanks for stopping by!

My nephew Tim stopped by earlier in the week to give us an estimate on some work he may be doing for us; while he was taking measurements, Cassidy decided to draw his picture on the driveway:


'


We liked how his hair and his beard sort of encircled his head!  But the funniest part was when Uncle Timmy actually got down on the ground to compare his likeness!  Not bad! I think his legs might be a little too scrawny, though!


Enjoy the blessings of the day!

Project Details-All Products Stampin Up Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Gift Givers (ret), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black, Garden Green, Watercolor, Warmth & Cheer DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Garden Green, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories Gumball Green ribbon (ret), Zig Painty Pen (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Squares Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Aquapainter, Cable Knit EF

16 comments:

mudmaven said...

Great card LeAnne! Love that plaid! Cassidy is one talented little lady and Uncle Tim sure is a cooperative subject. ~chris

Kampin' Karen said...

That paper looks very familiar ;-) Don't you just love the plaids in that DSP pack? I didn't realize Teeny Tiny Wishes had that stamp. I need to go check that out. Your family is so much fun! Have a great weekend. Blessings your way!

kel said...

so cute! the stamps you pull out! you have a total vintage collection!

Wendy said...

Now that was funny & cute! I bet Uncle Timmy got quite the chuckle out of that! Cassidy did a pretty good job drawing him! Your card is wonderful today, LeAnne! I love that you dig in your stash to use older stuff and bring new life to them! This sure was a fun stamp set and I love how you created this adorable St Patrick's Day card! The DSP & EF are perfect! TFS and Happy Friday!!! :)

Linda Callahan said...

This card is adorable! And so is uncle Timmy and his likeness.....lol....

barb mann said...

Great card LeAnne! I still have this set. I better find it and case you! TFS

stampingvickisvisions said...

Love your "extra" pictures just as much as your card picture. You certainly nailed the plaid theme with this one. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' Vicki DT

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little fella on your adorable card and another cute pair in your driveway!! I think Uncle Timmy wins the prize today!!

jengd said...

Cute card and great chalking! I love that Tim was so into it. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Ok so the card is cute - but the chalk drawing and your nephew lying next to it had me in stitches, so great that he joined in with Cassidy's driveway art!

Donna Scholz said...

Great use of the optional plaid theme along with the sketch to create this cute St. Patrick's Day card, LeAnne! Uncle Timmy was a great model :-D

Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Julia said...

How gorgeous! Both the card and the chalk drawing. Perfect card for our challenge celebrating green. So glad you joined the fun at SUO Challenges.

Connie Babbert said...

SO fun! I don't remember that stamp set, but I did notice a big absence of anything for St. Patrick's Day in my stamps! Love how it fits the Stitched Shape Circle...and that coordinating DSP! Thanks for playing along with the "green" challenge on SUO Challenges this time!

Unknown said...

Great card! Love the leprechaun and the chalk drawing. The card is perfect for the Green Challenge. Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges.

Karen Barber said...

What a great St. Patrick's Day card!! Thanks for playing along in our SUO challenge!! :)

Mary Brown said...

OH...LOVE your little guy...such a GREAT St. Patty's Day card! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!