Tuesday, March 28, 2017

SIP92 Painted Thanks


Happy Tuesday, peeps!!  Hope your week is going well so far!  I was thrilled to see this week's Stamp Ink Paper challenge for two reasons!  One, I love the colors and two, I just had some painting done in Cassidy's room and I needed to send the painter a little thank-you note for the awesome job she did!  So here we go:

No automatic alt text available.
So I went pretty literal with the challenge photo, and made a note card with the little paint images from Love You Sew, a retired hostess set:


I wish I had used Rich Razzleberry instead of Elegant Eggplant for the purple, but I still love these colors together!  I used Sahara Sand, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate and Elegant Eggplant for my paint lines, then stamped the paint brush on top in the same colors and again in Basic Black ink and cut them out and attached them at the top.  It's hard to see, but the paintbrushes are extending above the top of the note card, so I trimmed the card down so it will still fit in a notecard-sized envelope. 


I added another swish of paint and a "thanks" sentiment from Perfectly Wrapped!

I hope you'll play along with our colors this week....they're a beautiful inspiration for some spring stamping!  Be sure to check out the SIP blog to see all the creations!

And although it's hard to tell, you can see the new paint in Cassidy's room as she reads her favorite book, "Arthur's Underwear"....although it's not purple like the card (that's what she WANTED!!), I opted for a more soothing shade of sage!  No more stars and sailboats!


And she even has her dolls reading lately:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Now that is spot on, LeAnne! Your card matches the sample perfectly and what a great card to send to a painter to thank them! So cool!! Love the picture of Cassidy in her room reading! So reminded me of when Kelsey was a bookworm when she was little. Love the color you painted the room in....soft & mellow!

Dawn Tidd said...

Outta the park cute, LeAnne! What a great idea! I hope I kept this set! Love sage and I'm still painting and painting...be glad you hired someone and I love the afghan on the foot of the bed! She got some purple! 👍🏻😀

Lorraine said...

Perfect card for your painter. I had to laugh though - it reminds me of when I try to pick out room colors and swatch the walls. I think I had almost as many colors to choose from when I was doing my craft room. I thought that was bad until a friend just told me that her mother, her 90-something mother, was driving her painter crazy with 21 swatches of ............tan. But seriously, this is very clever and so appropriate.

Linda Callahan said...

This is sooooo cute! Perfectly done!

Colleen Begley said...

This is very cool! Love the look and how you've used the colors.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like the card!! Those little paintbrushes are adorable. This is so cute LeAnne!! Cute photo of your little reader...and hers ;)

jengd said...

I LURVE your card! The brushes are spot-on for it and the literal part is a lot of fun! Cute photo of Cassidy!