Tuesday, March 14, 2017

SIP 90 Smiling Shaker


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  Hope you're snuggled in warm and tight!  We have had snow, sleet, freezing rain, lots of wind and COLD here in SE PA!  Justin has a great challenge for us at Stamp Ink Paper this week, a great one if you like shaker cards, LOL!

 Image may contain: 1 person, text

I've said before that I have a love/hate relationship with shakers....they look so cool but are a bit labor-intensive (at least for me) and something always goes wrong...this is my second attempt, the first was a total disaster:  warped acetate, smeared embossing, wonky card all-round.  So I ditched that one and went in another direction, totally based on the colors of these sequins I had in my stash:


I created a little shaker tag with a tag die from Poppy Stamps called Greeting Tags and backed it with another tag that I cut a little longer.  Inside I put my sequins, then added a diecut "a" and "for you" from Endless Thanks.  I can feel the pressure to use up some of my soon-to-be-retiring products, in this case, the Moroccan DSP...such pretty prints....and not retiring yet, but very unused by me, Dapper Denim!  The sequins colors sort of matched this particular pattern, and I used the Can You Case It sketch:
 
Here's a closeup of the shaker....I stuffed it pretty full of sequins, so it really doesn't shake too much, but I do love the colors!

 

Be sure to check out what the DT came up with for this challenge...they're amazing!

Another shot of Cassidy's breakfast at the library for Dr Seuss Day.....yep, GREEN EGGS! Amazingly, she never eats eggs at home, but she decided to try them and discovered that she likes them.  Now I can make them for her for breakfast, but she told me I'll need to make them green, LOL!  Of course, cake, graham bears and goldfish make even green eggs taste better!


Have a blessed day!

Project Details--All Products Stampin Up Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Endless Thanks
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, Moroccan DSP, Acetate Window Sheets
 Ink Bermuda Bay
Accessories Pool Party Twine, Shakers (Verve)
Tools     Big Shot, Greetings Dies (Poppy Stamps), Small Alphabet Dies (Papertrey), Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Foam Adhesive Strips

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Super duper cute shaker card today! Just love the colors and the tag with the sequins inside! Fantastic idea! I have only succeeded with making 1 shaker card in my life! Never attempted it again! Great job on this, LeAnne! I got a laugh from Cassidy's green eggs story. Of course, everything tastes better when there is cake & cookies with it! TFS and enjoy the snow today! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Cute little shaker, LeAnne! I love the die cuts. I have a love/ hate with shakers, too. Mine always seem to spring a leak, or all my shaker ingredients get stuck to the edges. Yours is perfect!

Kampin' Karen said...

Very nice. I love that Moroccan paper. Your smile die cut is so cute.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love that cute little shaker tag LeAnne - fab! I can't wait to check out the SIP team cards this week, I love a good shaker! Green eggs - oh my!

Lisa Elton said...

Thank you for this adorable smile! Your little shaker tag is so darn cute LeAnne. I had to giggle that she discovered she likes eggs!! Green ones at that!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! Love the shaker.....cute die cut! I have only made one shaker card.....wasn't good.....need to try again!