Sunday, March 26, 2017

PP337 More Birthday Birds


Hi peeps!  Sunday brings us another Paper Players challenge with Claire as our sketch hostess!  Wowza, I loved this one and I got a chance to play with lots of goodies to create my card today!


I seem to have birds on my mind lately!  I needed a birthday card for my SIL, and I felt like doing something vintage, so I pulled out some pretty neutral papers and a couple vintage sets:


The birds and the sentiment are from a Crafty Secrets set called Bird Lovers; they were stamped in Tip Top Taupe and Soft Suede, with sponging all around:




The background on the vertical panel is from an Artistic Outpost set called Birds of a Feather, and I don't normally put real buttons on my cards anymore as it costs more postage, but since this card is being hand-delivered, I added a vintage button and some velveteen ribbon as an accent:

 

And on the inside of the card (Tip Top Taupe), I added some sentiments from another Crafty Secrets set called Garden Girls; I thought the vintage font fit the theme of my card!


I hope you like the sketch as much as I do and play along with us!  You can see what the others created here:

Finally....a nice day, a walk in the park, fun in the sun!



Project Details--All Supplies SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Garden Girls and For the Birds (Crafty Secrets ret), Birds of a Feather (Artistic Outpost)
Card stock & Papers     Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla, Autumn Day DSP (Photoplay); Grateful DSP (Authentique); Park Bench DSP (Fancy Pants)
 Ink Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede
Accessories Velveteen Ribbon (ret), Linen Thread, Vintage Button
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Dies (Nestabilities), Stitched Circle Dies (Lil'Inker), Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lil'Inker), Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits, Scallop Borders Dies (Pretty Pink Posh), Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love all the elements you used. Cute family pic. Be blessed!

Wendy said...

Truely a beautiful card!! Love the colors and that yummy piece of dsp! I did have to giggle when reading the sentiment on the front! Love that you used a button (something you don't see many using anymore)and a piece of a velvet ribbon! Your SIL is going to love this as it is just perfect! Have yourself a wonderful Sunday! :)

Joan V said...

Gorgeous cards

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You are so good at vintage LeAnne - this card is gorgeous! I love how you have combined all of the elements and the fussy cut birds in the nest are adorable. What a lovely card!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love your card! I couldn't wait to comment on it. I love the Tip Top Taupe and Soft suede. All the fabulous layers and mix of patterns makes me smile! The bird stamps are perfect for a Spring time card. The velvet ribbon and button are the perfect finishing touches! Thank you for rocking my challenge this week! XXX Beautiful family photo! They look so happy!

Claudia said...

Love your card, LeAnne!! The turn-neck again... :-)

Nance Leedy said...

Ooooh, I love it when you do vintage. So soft and pretty but with just a little bit of sass from that awesome sentiment! Beautiful layers and collage stamping, as usual!

laurie said...

Love your pretty vintage card LeAnne! I like the ribbon and button accent...beautiful!

Have a great week:)

stampwithsandy said...

So beautiful, LeAnne! I love the neutral colors and the mix of patterns. Can't believe they came from three different stacks, they blend perfectly!

Margaret said...

too, too sweet!! love your vintage cards!

Lisa Elton said...

I love this spring card LeAnne! So many layers of prettiness! Cute park photo ;)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is so beautiful, LeAnne! I love the vintage elegant look and all the details.

Brent Scheffer said...

The shades of brown really work! Superb!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This one gets an "ooooooh" and an "aaaahhhhhhh!" This is gorgeous!!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, once again you prove that you are the queen of modern vintage! Gorgeous, my friend
hugs
jaydee