Thursday, March 16, 2017

PCC235 Hippity Hoppity


Hi peeps!  Happy Thursday!  My week is all messed up with everyone home for a snow day on Tuesday!  It feels like it should be Monday or something!  Anyway, I had this little bunny from an old SU set called Hello Spring (1997) stamped and just sitting on my desk, waiting to be made into a card!  When I saw the Paper Craft Crew sketch for this week, I went to work!

Visit the Paper Craft Crew and play along with Sketch Challenge 235. #pcc2017 #sketch #papercraftcrew www.papercraftcrew.com

I found some of this DSP when I made my vintage card for yesterday's post, so I decided to incorporate it into my card, along with the Elegant Dots embossing folder and some retired colors of Lost Lagoon and Baja Breeze:


I apologize for the poor photo quality; I still use my 35mm camera to take my photos, but for some reason, my computer no longer recognizes any of my camera cards, so I had to resort to taking these with my phone!  Not too bad, but I am not used to it and it feels awkward.  So until I figure out what the problem is, I am stuck with my phone, but at least I do have that! 

My bunny was stamped in Palette ink and I did a wee little bit of shading with an aquapainter and some Baja Breeze ink; I added a little banner stamped with "hippity hoppity" from a really old clear set, maybe Studio G? and another banner stamped with Timeless Textures.  A little punched flower, some twine and sequins, and it was done....I'll stamp  an Easter sentiment on the inside. 


And since this is such an old stamp, I am entering this also in the RetroRubber challenge of Anything Goes!

Cassidy came home yesterday with a folder filled with little encouraging notes written by all her classmates; it was hard to get the whole story out of her, but apparently they do it for one student a day.  I think because her name starts with a "C", she was one of the first!  Anyway, it was fun to watch her reaction as she read them all!


Suhavi wrote "You always blow the sadness of me!" and Zoey told her she was so funny, "He he he,"!!!  So cute!



Have a blessed day!

Project Details--All ProductS Stampin Up Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Hello Spring (ret), Timeless Textures, Misc Clear Easter from my stash
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Lost Lagoon, Spring DSP (can't remember the name)
 Ink Palette Noir, Versamark
Accessories Sequins (from my stash), Baker's Twine
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Banner Dies (Nestabilities), Scallop Punch, Triple Flower Punch (ret), Aquapainter, Elegant Dots EF

13 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

"You always blow the sadness out of me "...I LOVE IT! Kids say the cutest things. When my youngest was little, she said , "Mom, I have a pile of hearts in my body for you." STILL melts me!


Your card is so sweet, LeAnne. They always are. :-)

mudmaven said...

Love the card (and you have me searching my old sets now for that cute little bunny)! I love that the kids are so encouraging of one another. Great idea - the teacher must be exceptional! ~chris

Wendy said...

Awww, I bet all those messages from fellow classmates made Cass feel good! That is wonderful that her class does that! Loved your sweet bunny card today! You know I always love seeing old stamps brought back to life and this one is PERFECT! Such pretty paper and that bunny is adorable! TFS and have a great day!

PS. My week is screwed up too with hubby being home for a snow day, too! Hope we can soon have our spring weather back since Monday is the 1st day of spring!

Dawn Tidd said...

That bunny is so sweet! I don't have many bunnies…maybe I need to get some. ha! The DSP and twine you chose look great with that EF too. I love the "hop lines" with the sentiment. Cassidy looks really happy about all those sweet words, who wouldn't be?!

Lisa Elton said...

Darling card LeAnne, love that sweet bunny!! And I love this idea of notes of encouragement for the children. "You blow the sadness off me"...too CUTE!!

Debbie Mageed said...

Hi, LeAnne! So happy to see you in our gallery this week. I love your card and thought I might have owned that Hello Spring stamp set until I read the date! I didn't even know what stamping was 20 years ago! LOL Your colors are great and the sketch was perfect for this. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Jan Clothier said...

LeAnne, this is yet another gorgeous creation. I'm so glad you've joined the challenge this week. Like Debbie, I had no idea what stamping even was in 1997 - I think that was the middle of my patchwork and quilting years! I think that to use not only such an old stamp but to actually use retired colours too is really getting into the retro spirit! The tiny sequins add such a classy finishing touch to this card. The Elegant Dots background goes so well with the little sprigs on the paper. You have such an eye for putting things together. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber for our Anything Goes challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aww!! how fun to see you in the RETRO RUBBER gallery!!! I'm with Debbie and Jan, 20 years ago, I have never seen a rubber stamp, except maybe the ones at the Post Office, LOL!! Back then I was all into Cross Stitching.
Your card is just as sweet as can be, love the bunny image and the amazing embossing on the background, it looks so fluffy, like the bunny.
As always, your layout and details are lovely.
Thank you for playing along with RETRO RUBBER, and for sharing the sweet pictures of Cassidy, oh boy!! she is growing up!!! She is beautiful!!!!!
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

*Vicki* said...

Such a cute card LeAnne! I so love that bunny and the texture you've added in the background gives it a nice "fluffy" feel! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Katy McGloin said...

The photo quality of your card cannot dim how lovely it is! Love all the texture and the retro colors. I pull out my Lost Lagoon occasionally... still love that color! Thanks for sharing the sweet bunny! That was almost 8 years before I discovered papercrafting and SU, so I am in good company with our Retro DT!! Thanks for playing again this challenge. And give Cassidy a thumbs up on her post it notes... such a sweet picture of her!!

Christyne said...

Leanne, I just love your card! That little bunny is just too, TOO cute. And what a sweet thing your daughter's teacher does! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew! Christyne - DT

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi LeAnne! What a lovely card! It is sweet perfection right down to the last detail! I am feeling better and I have been crafting! I can't believe all I have missed in blogland over the last month! But I am glad I didn't miss this beauty! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

creative lady said...

Love your layout of your card. Such a CAS look. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.