Monday, March 6, 2017

MTS166 and AYSI144


Hi everyone!  Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  I've got some masculine cards for you today...I am meeting with five lovely ladies this morning to do some stamping and I wanted to show them some cards using the Urban Underground Specialty DSP!  The first uses the Match the Sketch sketch:


I used some of the cool silver and black hexagon DSP with silver foil and Smoky Slate cardstocks, along with Guy Greetings for the first card:


It's a little easier to see the foil here....I stamped "DAD" with Stazon ink and stamped the other images with Basic Black and fussy -cut them out.


I created my own background by stamping the sentiment on the angle repeatedly all over the Smoky Slate cardstock, and I added some Timeless Textures images as well!


The second one incorporates the As You See It Sketch:


and some other papers from the same DSP set:


The top strip also has silver foil x's on it; the central panel is regular DSP and I stamped the birthday sentiment from February's Paper Pumpkin kit directly onto it and added some of the dot elements as well:


The final embellishment is some silver wire thread and a little "bolt"!  Since the panel is on an angle, it was a little tricky to keep the wire from slipping.  I solved the problem by cutting a wee little slit on each side of my card and nestling the wire in the slit.  Worked like a charm!


Thanks for popping in today!!!  Be sure to come back tomorrow for the latest Stamp Ink Paper challenge, too!

A little Duplo play!


Have a splendid day!

Project Details- All Products SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Guy Greetings, February Paper Pumpkin, Timeless Textures
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Basic Black, Naturals White, Silver Foil, Urban Underground Specialty DSP
 Ink Stazon, Basic Black, Smoky Slate
Accessories Urban Underground Embellishments, Silver Wire
Tools     Bg Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Aquapainter, Misti

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Very good choice of showing them different ways SU product works AND introducing them to challenges, if they aren't aware. My gals don't do challenges on their own. If find they get my mojo going. Have a great week.

Jan Clothier said...

Two more great cards, LeAnne! Stamping that diagonal background on the first card was masterful. I'm always too scared of botching one to do that very often but it looks so good. I like the masculine feel you've created in both cards but I especially like the crispness of the second card. It's a fabulous take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining us again at As You See it. I always enjoy seeing your work in the gallery.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Ooo I love both of those LeAnne - the second one is especially funky with the thread and embellishment. I hope you had fun stamping with your ladies today - great masculine cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific pair of masculine cards LeAnne! I like the little bolt you added own the second one. Cute photo of Cassidy. She's getting so tall!!

Stempel-Biene said...

I love this Leannne! Such an awesome, clean design. Perfect use of those colors. Thanks for joining us at Match the Sketch, hope to see you again soon!

Nadine said...

Love both cards. Maybe the first one a little more.
Thanks for playing with us at Match the Sketch!

Heather Cooper said...

Great masculine cards, LeAnne! I love the silver 'wire' held by the bolt on the second card and the stamping right on the DSP on the bias. That silver paper is amazing! Thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenges!