Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy Daffodils


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Today is my friend Martha's birthday, and since I know she likes purple, I created this card for her using Basket Bunch:


Perfect Plum is a color I rarely use, so it was nice to break it out (my foam ink pad still had the cello wrapper on it!!) and create a pretty spring bouquet:


I stamped the flowers and leaves on thick white cardstock and colored them with an aquapainter and inks.  The basket was diecut from Kraft cardstock and mounted on a stitched oval.  Then it was mounted on some striped DSP.  Simple and easy!  Happy Birthday, Martha!


Have a blessed day!

Project Details--All Products SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Basket Bunch
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Kraft, Perfect Plum DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black, Daffodil Delight, Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi, Crushed Curry
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Basket Builder Dies, Dimensionals

10 comments:

barb mann said...

OH BOY! I LOVE this LeAnne! Can't wait to make one. Happy your friend Martha needed a birthday card. Perfect for spring and Easter. TFS!

Kampin' Karen said...

So I'm not the only one who orders ink pads and doesn't open them til they are ready to be used :-) Cute card, cute photo!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card!!! Happy Birthday to Martha! She's one lucky gal to receive this beauty! Love all your pretty colored spring flowers and the Perfect Plum is a lovely addition! I really, really, really love this one, LeAnne! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty! Love the daffodils!

Dawn Tidd said...

Happy daffodils is right! They are just perfect for a birthday greeting and look great paired with the plum. It's not a color I use often either but I should after seeing your card today. Thanks for sharing!

Crystal Komara said...

LeAnne, this is really pretty. I don't own one single "spring" flower - like lilies, daffodils or tulips, so now this card leaves me needing to go buy, buy, buy!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh such a sweet Spring card. When I was a Pioneer Girl leader at our church many years ago, my "name" was Daffodil;)
Wonderful picture of Dana and Cassidy. I love that look on Cassidy's face:)

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty spring birthday card!! Cute picture of your girls too!!

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty for spring! Love that sweet picture of your girls!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne - nothing nicer than a basket of spring flowers and this card combines two of my favourites - the colour purple and daffodils! So pretty and fresh.