Wednesday, March 8, 2017

GDP077 For A Friend


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  My card today is for a friend who's going through a rough patch; it uses the colors from the Global Design Project this week:

My "free choice" color was Soft Sky; I chose Jar of Love to create a paper bouquet for her!

 I stamped some of the florals on my Soft Sky card base in Craft White ink; it's very soft and pretty, although it's hard to see here.  This might be the first time I've used the background stamp Writing Notes...I stamped it in Soft Sky to replicate a piece of notebook paper and stamped my image on top.  The florals were stamped on Thick White cardstock, which diecuts beautifully!  I arranged them in my "jar" and added some water, stems and some little flying critters!  To continue in the notebook paper them, I added a paperclip and some baker's twine, then scattered a few sequins for fun!



I had a little piece of scrap notebook paper left from the front, so I stamped my sentiment on it and added another white spring behind it on the inside.


 It's also my sweet friend Sandy's 70th birthday today....I hope I look as good as she does when I am that age!  She is beautiful inside and out!  I added some fun embellishments to February's Paper Pumpkin card for her:



Some numbers, a couple of stamped hearts and some stitched ribbon on the outside, and here's the inside:


These are so cute, and I love the font in the sentiments!!!

Cassidy wanted to try out a fruit smoothie, so we got some strawberries, blueberries, milk and yogur:



Whirled it all up with the immersion blender and added some whipped cream!  It was delish!


Thanks so much for popping in today!  Have a blessed day!

Project Details--All Products SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Writing Notes, Jar of Love, Feb 2017 Paper Pumpkin, Work of Art, Avant Garden (speckles)
Card stock & Papers     Feb 2017 Paper Pumpkin Kit, Thick White, White, Soft Sky, 
 Ink Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky, Craft White, Peekaboo Peach
Accessories Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Baker's Twine (Doodlebug Designs), Paperclip (office supplies!), Midnight Muse Stitched Ribbon (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Everyday Jars Dies, Ruler for distressing edges

10 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors, and that jar stamp... I need one!

Wendy said...

Your card is beautiful, LeAnne! Love the stamping on the Soft Sky panel, the jar of pretty flowers and the colors! Wowza! I have the Writing Notes background stamp on my "Wish List" and hope to order it soon! Love how you used it here!! Your friend will appreciate this beauty! Hope she has better days ahead! :)
Yummy on Cassidy's smoothie! They are very good for you and a great way to get a variety of fruit into you! Love them! :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! I love your beautiful bouquet and the background stamping looks fantastic. The Writing Notes background was a great idea and the clip & twine were the perfect addition to it! Cassidy is on her way to becoming a chef! I see a Food Network show in her future!!

Michelle said...

This is ridiculous - as in beautiful! Love your use of that BG stamp. (Now, another reason I need that set) Great use of those colors - so unexpected, yet they work so well. Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly charming card for your friend! Your bouquet of peach blooms is so pretty. Sandy's birthday card is so much fun! Love the golden flame on the top. Cassidy's smoothie sounds yummy!

Julia Aston said...

Love the beautiful jar of die cut flowers for your friend LeAnne - and the birthday card is so fun! Sounds like a healthy treat too!

lauren bergold said...

as always i am blown away by the gorgeous creations and the adorable kiddo!!! :) (ps: thanks for the head's up on the JB linky; apparently inlinkz thinks the best time to tell you that your subscription is expiring is SMACK in the middle of an active challenge??!?! arrrgh!)

Global Design Project Design Team said...

Love your beautiful card LeAnne, the elevation of the flowers makes it look like a real bunch! Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project x

Valgerdur R. said...

Loving your beautiful card! I purchased the Jar of Love Set when I signed on with Stampin' Up! back in August. I have yet to create a card with it! Your project is really inspirational and I will be creating something soon!!! Thanks for sharing your brilliance.

jengd said...

This is a set I recently got and have wanted to play with... now I REALLY want to! I LOVE this card!