Saturday, March 11, 2017

FF107 and CTS212 Project Life Cards


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I have had a couple of busy days and the blog got a bit neglected!  So I have two cards today; I liked the Fab Friday sketch 107:

 
but I didn't want to use a doily for the semi-circle....then I remembered that I have a couple of boxes of Project Life products that needed some love!!!  This floral image came from the Hello Lovely kit:


I mounted it on a Soft Sky card on which I embossed the lower half with the Seaside embossing folder.  I found that the embossing made my card a wee bit "wobbly" so I added a layer of thick white cardstock on the backside and it worked wonderfully!  The sentiment is from Watercolor Wishes, stamped on a retired SAB designer paper.  I added some stamped florals from Timeless Textures, SAB ribbon and a few gold sequins to complement the gold foil mat!

While I had my Project Life cards out, I made another card using the CTS sketch:


I must have been in a Soft Sky mood!  I stamped a few flowers from Endless Thanks directly onto the polka-dotted PL card, then stamped the sentiment and stripey element in Soft Sky and Smoky Slate: 


It's not at all what I first envisioned when I saw this sketch, but it's certainly unique, LOL!  It sort of reminds me of pebbles!  Anyway, thanks for popping in, and be sure to stop back tomorrow for the next Paper Players challenge!

We have had some crazy weather lately....February brought temps in the 70s, and yesterday, we had snow!  Wet, damp, heavy snow....so we made a snowman:





Pretty stylish, right?!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details--All Products SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Timeless Textures, Watercolor Wishes, Endless Thanks, Hello (ret SAB), Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Soft Sky, Whisper White, Gold Foil, Hello Lovely Project Life Cards, Best Year Ever DSP (ret)
 Ink Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Smoky Slate
Accessories Gold Metallic Ribbon, Gold Sequins (Verve)
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Dies, Seaside Embossing Folder

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Cassidy is a fashionista! I love the color clothes she wears. Does she pick them out herself? I missed you yesterday so I went around all day with only a half smile. It's full on today! Beautiful cards, excellent artistry. Have a blessed weekend.

mudmaven said...

Great cards - inspirational as always LeAnne! Very cute snowman - did you make the hat and scarf? ~chris

Heather said...

Oh, this is wonderful! What a perfect mix of so many elements you've combined here, using my fave papers, as usual, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, beautiful cards! I love the background stamping and use of the Project Life card under the sentiment on your first card. Great design! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Wendy said...

Grampy & Cassidy look like they had a great time playing in the snow yesterday! It got pretty COLD out with spring being 9 days away! Such crazy weather!! Love both of your cards today, LeAnne! It's always nice to see things made from retired products! TFS and stay warm, my friend! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Delightful cards and a cute snowman!!

PJ said...

Very nice cards. The soft colors work lovely here. Looks like everyone was having fun in the snow. pjs-projects.blogspot.com

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards!

Amanda Mertz said...

What a great idea to use the flower wreath from PL for that circular element of our sketch! Great card with great colors and texture. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Brent Scheffer said...

Lots texture, color, and layers! Superb! Congrats on the Fab Fave pick!

At least you had enough snow to make a snowman!

Chrissy Larson said...

Looks like loads of fun in the snow and I love your cards!