Saturday, March 18, 2017

CTS213 You Make Me Smile


Happy Saturday, everyone!  Hope you are having a good weekend so far!  Just a quick little card for the Case This Sketch sketch for this week:

 

It gave me a chance to use a new-to-me Altenew set and some Dapper Denim:


I stamped the image on thick white cardstock and attempted to do some watercoloring, which didn't work very well, but I pushed through anyway!  I stamped a sentiment from Right at Home and did some ombre coloring on it:


My final addition was some sequins from my stash! 

My little leprechaun!


She and Panda eating green eggs for St Pat's.....not a big fan, Grammy ended up eating them!


Have a blessed day and be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge! 

Project Details--All Supplies SU Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret), You Are (Altenew), Color In Sentiments (Right at Home)
Card stock & Papers     Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate, Thick White
 Ink Marina Mist, Dapper Denim, Soft Sky, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Accessories Sequins (Verve)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Die (Lil'Inker), Aquapainter, Foam Strips

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You're too harsh on yourself LeAnne - I think your loose watercolouring looks great on that new stamp, with detail of the sentiment. Didn't take long for the fascination with green eggs to wear off then lol!

Joan V said...

Oh, love this card and the swirly clouds. Thanks for sharing.

stampwithsandy said...

Ooh this is fabulous LeAnne, and just a perfect take on the sketch! Love the sentiments, and also the tiny background stamp. That would be perfect for me as I am a disaster when it comes to splattering. When my kids were little I used to make them green eggs and ham and read Dr Suess!

Brenda in IN said...

Your watercolor is lovely and I do like that Dapper Denim. The green eggs crack me up (so to speak) but I do have to tell you a quick story. When my boys were young I was like you and wanted to celebrate each holiday. For St. Paddy's day I made them green pancakes. They were so excited until they saw them. They did try them and of course the pancakes still tasted the same as always but they could not eat them because they were green! Just goes to show how color affects us!

Wendy said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! Love the watercoloring you did under your image! I always love to see that on a card but never seem to do it on my own cards!! Your stamped images are on point with the sketch and I love the added sequins! Great card for such a gloomy day. So sorry Cass didn't like the green eggs. I'm not sure I could eat them either....sorry! TFS and enjoy your day of crafting! :)

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card and gorgeous leprechaun! My daughter has a panda called Pete who goes everywhere with her. :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your take on the sketch! I think your watercoloring looks just right with those whimsical clouds. This is cute LeAnne...not as cute as Cassidy...but cute!!