Tuesday, February 28, 2017

SIP88 Kiss it Goodbye


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's time for another Stamp Ink Paper challenge!  It's a fun one this week....anything but a card!  Can't wait to see what the other team members have created, too!

Image may contain: text
I had actually been working on this even before I saw the challenge!  I had one clear Stampin' Up! checkbook cover left from many, many years ago, and had wanted to create a new one for my checks. So here we go: 

I saw this color combo at Sunday Stamps.....soooooo pretty!


I have a few scraps of DSP left from the Stella & Rose: Mabel line from My Mind's Eye....I just pulled out some pieces and went to work!  My friend Maryanne used to have checks with a set of lips on them and the saying "Kiss it Goodbye", so I thought that would be a fun sentiment to put on it.  Unfortunately, in my messy craft room, the "n" has disappeared from my Labeler Alphabet set; luckily I didn't need it for this one, but I am sure I'll want it in the future!  Maybe it will turn up...I've looked everywhere!  Grrrr!  The letters are stamped in Lost Lagoon and backed with matching cardstock. 


And the lips from Sealed with Love were perfect, stamped in Tangerine Tango and mounted on a stitched circle and scalloped mat:


I also used a new-to-me stitched scalloped border from Pretty Pink Posh (LOVE it) and stamped some Distressed Dots on my Lost Lagoon mat!  Now when I have to write a check, at least I will get a little chuckle!  I hope you'll play along with us--get your creative juices flowing and show us what you've got!

Wayne tried to show Cassidy how to skip a stone!



Be blessed and enjoy your day!

Project Details--All Products Stampin Up Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Sealed with Love, Labeler Alphabet,  Distressed Dots BG (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White, Lost Lagoon (both ret), Tangerine Tango, Stella & Rose-Mabel DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Lost Lagoon, Tangerine Tango
Accessories Clear Checkbook Cover
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Scallop Borders Die (Pretty Pink Posh), Petite Scalloped Circle Dies (Nestabilities)

9 comments:

JoAnn said...

What a fun checkbook cover. Love it.

Wendy said...

Now this gave me a giggle, LeAnne! I so love what you did with the challenges today! A checkbook cover is such a great idea because I know mine needs a new one, too! I have a beachy one on now that I made with covers I found at a stamp store. How creative to make a sentiment with the Labeler Alphabet set and that saying is hilarious! Totally cool project! Hope you find your "n" stamp. I had one stuck to my arm from leaning on my table! Just never know where your going to find them! Haha! TFS and have a terrific day! :)

I Card Everyone said...

It's fabulous!!! Couldn't be a better sentiment for a checkbook cover, right? OH I cannot wait to go fishing again!
=]
p.s. I once lost an integral stamp to a set... found it months later, stuck to the bottom of one of my ink cases. a prayer to St. Anthony might help!

Dawn Tidd said...

This is so cute! I love your sentiment on a checkbook…it's perfect!! The color combo from the other challenge works so well. I see you used Distressed Dots. I don't think I'll ever give that one up! If Cassidy catches on to rock skipping she's doing much better than me…I never got the hang of that!

*Vicki* said...

Such a cute idea to decorate your checkbook cover!! I love this! :)

jengd said...

That's a hoot!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great sentiment for your checks!! This is cute LeAnne!! Did Cassidy get the hang of skipping stones? Bet she had fun trying!!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is amazing! I LOL out the sentiment! Such a great color combo for your project! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX I never learned how to skip stones. Maybe Cassidy can teach me!

Heidi Baks said...

Ha, that's so fun! I love it, LeAnne. I had to look closer at what this "card" would be used for... perfect. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps.