Monday, May 9, 2016

CTS171 Joyeux Noel


Hi everyone!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend.....the SUN FINALLY CAME OUT in Pennsylvania, and that was the best Mother's Day gift I could ask for!  I was beginning to feel like a mushroom.  Of course, Dana did make me breakfast, took me out to lunch and got me some little goodies, so that was good too!

My friend Linda used the CAS(E) this Sketch sketch for her Paper Players card (you can see it here) and I loved it so much, I decided to use a few scraps I had laying on my desk to make a Christmas card!  Here we go:


The little stitched square is from the center of my own Paper Players card; I cut out the Dazzling Diamonds greenery (Tim Holtz) for another card but didn't use it, and I had this little tag cut out from another diecut threesome and was saving it for....whatever!


The background is from SU's Holly Jolly Greetings, stamped in Cherry Cobbler.  I stamped a sentiment from an Artistic Outpost set called Snowy Woods, and added an enamel dot (SU), then stamped another sentiment from the same set on the inside:


The holly is from another AO set called Sleigh Ride, stamped in Pear Pizzazz with markered berries.

The nice weather prompted Dana and Cassidy to wash the car....it was still a bit too chilly for me to be in shorts and bare feet, though!


Of course, the suds piled up and led to this.....


which led to this!

She went right into the bathtub after this and was asleep by 6 pm!!!  Washing one's car is hard work!  Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

This one is heading to the CASE file! LeAnne - so gorgeous! LOve how you've tucked that red behind the panel, while the tin tag sits on top - fabulous card!! Fun times for that fabulous kid!
=]

AnitaR said...

Love this CAS card! We finally saw sun in NJ, too! Glorious!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful CAS card. Love all the elements.
Looks like Cassidy had lots of fun washing the car. :)

Linda Callahan said...

It's a great sketch! Love you diecut and scattering of stars! Beautifully done! And your car washer makes me smile!

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day LeAnne! Fabulous CAS Christmas card today. In bed by 6:00pm...what time did she get up the next morning!!! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a beautiful CAS Christmas card. I love that shimmery greenery!

stampwithsandy said...

I LOVE this, LeAnne! You totally rocked the sketch. I love the sparkly branch and all the white space. But my toes are cold just looking at Cassidy, eek!

Leigh Penner said...

This is perfect! Fabulous take on the sketch!