Thursday, November 12, 2015

WAW209 and IM224

DSCF2799

Happy Thursday, peeps!  The weekend is almost here!  I am sharing a card today that I made as a “thank you” to a customer who ordered several Christmas cards.  I used a digital verse from Word Art Wednesday and the sketch that I LOVE from Inkspire Me; here it is:

And here’s my card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Word Art Wednesday

I printed the verse on a sheet of parchment paper, diecut it and mounted it on a scallop panel of Lost Lagoon:

DSCF2800

I thought it was a good verse for the Thanksgiving season!  The papers are all from a 6x6” Simple Stories stack called Harvest Lane; I added some crochet trim and stitched leaves from Lawn Fawn for my embellishments.  Paper Pumpkin provided the sentiment on the inside:

DSCF2801

And here is the card she ordered; I printed out some sheet music from Old Design Shop, then stamped the Nativity scene in Stazon ink on top.  I added a gold glimmer star, a stitched mat in Bravo Burgundy and some gold trim.  I love how this turned out!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Stampendous Nativity Christmas

Thanks for visiting today!

Making oatmeal cookies with Grammy!  Cooking and baking seem to be real highlights for her…of course, she likes to lick the bowl afterwards!  (Some day I’ll figure out a new place in my tiny kitchen to hide my trash and recycle…it seems to be in every photo!)

11036200_10154281133347646_6078001742140689079_n11219594_10154281133187646_5234412368433288639_n

12208571_10154281133092646_9131856771405487961_n

10 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my goodness, your thank you card is just as fabulous as the ordered cards. These are wonderful LeAnne! And would you look at that precious face...SO CUTE and those cookies look scrumptious. Definitely a good time had by all!!
Great to hear from you the other day and I loved your comment. I'm so glad yarn addiction is a real thing and it's not just me...LOL.
Big hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Carol L said...

What a great pair of cards, and I just love the nativity scene on printed sheet music! Very pretty! I love the photos of Cassidy helping you make cookies! The fondest memories I have of my grandmother are making cookies with her when I was a child :)

AnitaR said...

Love both of your cards! You did such a great job on the Thanksgiving card putting together lots of colors and patterns. TFS!

Unknown said...

A wonderful upbeat card displaying God's Word . Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 209th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

Kay said...

Both cards are beautiful. Cookie making with grandkids gets no better. The garbage bags, are, well, a part of most used kitchens.

JoAnn said...

Both cards are so pretty. Love the image stamped on the music paper.
You are Cassidy are having fun making cookies. No worries about the trash, it is part of life. :)

Lisa Elton said...

I'm smitten with those sweet leaves on your first card!! You nativity on the sheet music looks wonderful, such a pretty card. Little Miss Betty Crocker is going to treasure all of grammy's recipes when she grows up!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love seeing these cooking and baking pictures.
Beautiful cards - wonderful use of DP.

Jenny said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing IN{K}SPIRE_me, Jenny

Anonymous said...

I really like this colorful card - well done :D
Thanks for joining us at In{k}spire_me!
All the best, Christine