Sunday, November 15, 2015

Paper Players 271

DSCF2891

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Time for another Paper Players challenge, with Jaydee as our hostess today!  Here’s her challenge:

A great challenge to help us get started on those holiday cards, if we haven’t already started!  I just happened to have a cute stamp, very neglected on my shelf, from Elzybells, that was perfect for the challenge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 271 Elzybells Merry Christmas

Little Elzybell is enamored, as I am, with that wee little sweet Christmas bird!  (Unfortunately, I am pretty sure the company went out of business, so I don’t think they’re available any longer!)  I stamped them in Basic Black and used some ink, an aquapainter and markers to color them in:

DSCF2896

I diecut the image with a Lil’Inkers stitched circle die, and added some Dazzling Diamonds snow and an Elzybells sentiment as well!  I mounted them both on a panel of Soft Sky embossed with the Softly Falling EF…love that thing!  Really simple little card!  I hope you’ll play with us this week and share your clean and simple Christmas card!  Can’t wait to see it; and here’s what the DT created:

We did some heavy-duty coloring one day last week, and when it was time to clean up, Cassidy insisted on returning the crayons to the box in the order shown on the lid….why didn’t that surprise me?

DSCF2887

DSCF2888DSCF2889

 

 

 

 

 

DSCF2890

Our only distress was that one crayon was missing…uh oh!  It messed up the lineup, so we’re on the search for that errant one!  Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

laurie said...

That is one adorable image! Your card is as cute as can be....and I love that sparkly snow. Hope you find the missing crayon!!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so pretty!! I l love that you matched the color of the girl's coat and knit cap with that of the background, which makes the card look clean. I also love the background has the perfect amount of snow!

Nance Leedy said...

Cute, cute, ca-ute! Love the sweet little details on this one, LeAnne. That chubby little bird is singing his heart out! Just adorable. Cassidy cracks me up--just like our Arden--always lining things up!

Marisa said...

Remember when these images were all the rage and this one is such a cute one! Darling card.

Claire Broadwater said...

Leanne, this is just adorable! The sweet little image is just perfect for a CAS card. The chubby little red bird is so proud! Love the embossed background, too!
I sure wish my girls would put their crayons in the box in ANY order! LOL! Cassidy is my kind of girl! Did the missing one show up? XX

stampwithsandy said...

What a sweet little winter girl and I love her cute little friend! Such a tiny but adorable scene, perfect for the challenge. The background embossing is great too. I didn't purchase that EF but I think I may need it!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh and am totally smitten with this card, so CUTE LeAnne!! OH NO a missing crayon, that's no fun!! I do love how organized she is, it's so cute!!

stampwithamyk said...

How sweet is that card?!? Love the image with the little bird, perfectly done! Fantastic CAS card! :)

Mac Mable said...

Had a little chuckle about the missing crayon x Your card is delightful. The image and layout is so perfect. Love the embossed dots as the background, sets it all off beautifully.

Marsha Reed said...

Cute girls! :-) Very sweet card, LeAnne! Marsha

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

OMG this is so super-cute LeAnne - that sweet image is adorable and beautifully coloured and looks gorgeous against the pale blue embossed background. A perfect CAS card!

Bonnie said...

What a sweet card, LeAnne! Now Cassidy will be able to find each color when she wants it. Maybe she's a librarian at heart!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is just the most adorable card. That image makes me smile and you colored it so beautifully. The embossed background is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for rocking my CAS Christmas card challenge
hugs
jyadee