Monday, July 6, 2015

Hey, Girl

DSCF0723

Happy Monday, peeps!  Just a quick card today; I was up until 12:30 am playing with my new goodies from the catalog and I couldn’t wait to ink up the set, Hey, Girl, which I got with Cassidy in mind!  So here’s my (almost) one-layer card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Hey Girl Stampin Up

This was sort of a practice run; I wanted to see how our new heavyweight cardstock held up with watercoloring, and I was very pleased.  It didn’t pill like SU’s regular cardstock and it didn’t bleed through to the inside!  It doesn’t allow the colors to blend quite as well as watercolor paper, but it does a great job otherwise!  I stamped the image with Memento, and I was also worried that the water would make the ink bleed, but it did pretty well.  My only other issue is that I need to figure out a better flesh color; Blushing Bride is just a wee bit too pink for me, maybe I’ll add in some brown tint next time!  I did paper piece the balloon from some Schoolhouse DSP, and I added some glitter to her skirt just for fun!  And the inside sentiment says “You!”

Cassidy came this morning decked out in jammies and Wellies, and proceeded to show me her new toys she got for her doll house:  a family  of dogs complete with a feeding station, carrier, and a TV for them to watch:

DSCF0731

DSCF0729

DSCF0730

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is the perfect set for Cassidy, what a cute card!! I like the sparkle on her skirt. Looks like Cassidy's new pups are watching Animal Planet on their new TV!!

mudmaven said...

She is just too cute! She would get along very well with my granddaughters! Love the card too. Am trying to get back in the swing of things after our journey down the coast. Not as easy as I had hoped it would be. Got my new goodies when I returned and am awaiting some inspiration to get to work with them. Card camps coming up so I better get the lead out! ~chris

JoAnn said...

Cute card. I like the image, reminds me of my granddaughters also.
Cassidy looks adorable.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A perfect set for Cassidy LeAnne, who looks like she's having a whale of a time with her new dolls house acquisitions! Great news re the watercolouring on the thick Whisper White too - sounds promising, I will have to give it a go!

stampwithsandy said...

So cute, LeAnne! I was quite interested to hear about your experiments, too. I didn't think you could water color with Memento ink. That's good to know.