Sunday, February 8, 2015

Paper Players 231

DSCF7844-001

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope all is well in your wee world!  Today, we have Nance’s color challenge to share with you over at the Paper Players!  Here ya go:

This is definitely Nance’s style!  I found the color combo challenging, but in the end, I like it!  Here’s my take on it:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 231 Stampin Up Valentine

Of course, I had to do a Valentine-themed project!  I thought it would be fun to make a little Curvy Keepsake favor, so I made mine in Real Red, embossing it with the Happy Heart embossing folder (a little tricky, but I managed to get all four flaps embossed!), and adding some Calypso Coral embellishments!  I made a flower with some Stacked with Love DSP, the Pansy punch and a black glimmer brad, then mounted it on a tag created with Calypso Coral cardstock and the Scalloped Heart of Hearts embosslit:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper PLayers 231 Curvy Keepsake Box Valentine

I added a banner stamped with a sentiment from Something to Say, added a wee red glimmer paper banner as well, and tied it all up with some cotton ribbon and black and white baker’s twine:

DSCF7842

I made a little notecard to go with it, using Calypso Coral cardstock stamped in with the Hardwood BG stamp in Craft White ink, then adding a tic-tac-toe image using the stem from the SAB set, Lotus Blossom:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Tic Tac Toe Valentine Stampin Up

I added some hearts from Something to Say and a sentiment from Good Greetings!  I hope you’ll play along with the Players this week, because we can’t wait to see what you create with Nance’s colors!  You can check out all the designers’ beautiful creations by clicking on their links below:

Cassidy has been sick the last few days….I have never heard anyone sneeze as many times as this poor child has!  You can just see it in her little watery eyes and red runny nose:

DSCF7834

Good thing I’m stocked up on tissues!  Achoooo!

DSCF7837

Enjoy your day and thanks for popping by!

15 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you embossed the paper with hearts for the box! And the tic tac toe is genius! You are so clever! Hugs to Cassidy!

Denise Willerton said...

I couldn't agree with Linda more ~ ditto on all the above ~ brilliant gift box and matching card LeAnne ~ enjoy your day ~ feel better soon Cassidy :-) ((hugs))

Nance Leedy said...

That's my job--pushing the envelope, LOL! I love that you made a card AND a little favor with my colors. The embossed curvy box is so sweet and how clever are you using the Lotus Blossom set for a TTT board?! Wicked! Adorable project, my friend. I hope Cassidy is on the mend soon and that you don't catch it! ((Hugs))

stampwithsandy said...

What an adorable gift box! I love how you embossed it, and that beautiful flower. And the card, so clever! I can't believe you thought to use a stem for the tic tac toe board, and LOVE the hardwood embossed with white on the coral. I feel Cassidy's pain, I think I have gone through 10 boxes of tissues in the last two weeks!

Patti said...

Those would be tough colors for me too but you certainly rocked them. Love the little gift box. Hope Cassidy is feeling better.

laurie said...

What a cute set! It looks awesome with the challenge colors. It's adorable, and so is Cassidy, I hope she feels better soon! It's no fun to be sick!

Karren said...

What a gorgeous project you've made! The card is a great use of the challenge colors and the little box is so cute! I hope Cassidy feels better soon/

Tracey McNeely said...

Hi LeAnne, love your fun card and gift box.Poor Cassidy we have just gotten over it in our house finally. It is certainly the bug of sneezing and coughing! Thanks for popping today.

Debbie Mageed said...

Love your card and gift box set! The colors look great together, especially with lots of texture. I was trying to think of a tic-tac-toe stamp set and was so amazed to learn that you made your own with a flower stem! That's thinking outside the box! Love the way your creativity works!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fantastic card and gift box, LeAnne! I love all of the detail on the box, especially the pop of sparkle. That tic-tac-toe board with a flower stem...what?!! How creative is that. Love it! Poor Cassidy! I hope she is feeling better soon. She looks so stuffy in the first photo but still smiling.

Unknown said...

How clever are you to think of making a tic-tac-toe box from the Lotus Blossom stem!! Genius!! And you little gift box is precious...I'm imagining it filled with yummy chocolate!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable...and oh so clever!!! Way to think outside of the box! And poor Cassidy...I hope she is feeling better :)

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, these projects are fabulous. I love the way the hatching on the hearts echoes the woodgrain in the background. Absolutely amazing, my friend and I'm still so envious of the way you can go from CAS (on the card) to layering and embellishment all in one move and make it look so effortless
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, these are just amazing projects! I love the treat holder! The tic-tac-toe box is genius. I think I will make some and play with Addison. (She cheats, though) LOL Thanks for sharing these fabulous creations! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun card LeAnne - and a clever use of stamps! I love the Hardwood background too - I would never have thought to use it in this way, but it looks awesome. And a treat box too - great job!