Friday, November 7, 2014

AYSI 61 Guest Designer

DSCF6065

Happy Friday, peeps!  I was honored to be asked to be a guest designer by the sweet girls at As You See It this week!  Check out this yummy color challenge:

AYSIChallenge061

I recently received a wonderful card from a stamping friend and it featured a cool fold!  I know these have been around for a while, but I have never made one!  She shared that she got the directions from Julie Davison’s blog here!  Her directions are really easy, so I got to work with the colors to make a sparkly Christmas card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings As You See It 61 Seasonally Scattered Endless Wishes Christmas Stampin Up

Here’s a view of the side:

DSCF6067

The sentiment embellishment:

DSCF6069

And the inside:

DSCF6068

I used Seasonally Scattered and Endless Wishes stamps, and Trim the Tree and Under the Tree Specialty papers along with Silver Glimmer paper and papers in the challenge colors.  I experimented with several different silver elements and in the end, decided on some silver heat embossing on a tag, which I put on top of a silver glimmer paper diecut.  Wondering where that oval diecut came from?  It’s a Word Bubble, and I just trimmed off the little “hook” on the side!  Cool!  Some narrow silver ribbon added the final touch!

I hope that you will play along with us this week…the AYSI challenges are a lot of fun and hopefully, you come back each week!!

Hunting for acorns….just for fun!

DSCF6101
DSCF6106
DSCF6110

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Endless Wishes, Seasonally Scattered
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Glimmer, Trim the Tree DSP, Under the Tree Specialty DSP
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Silver Encore
Accessories Silver Ribbon, Rhinestone
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Punches, Word Bubble Die, Circle Card Thinlits Die, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

7 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous! Love those colors together and your fancy fold.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done LeAnne, what a great card! Your sentiment with the red snowflakes is fabulous!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Well, congratulations on being the guest designer at As You See It. I was introduced to this challenge through you and "played" for the first time this past week.
I really like your fancy fold card here. The silver ribbon and silver sparkly papers make it so festive.
Hunting for acorns and just being outdoors on a beautiful fall day looks like a lot of fun.

Linda said...

I love that fold for a card. Your card is so pretty it looks like ginger bread.
Oh a hunting we will go! How fun! Acorns are so much fun to play with. I bet they get lined up. LOL

Linda Callahan said...

You make a wonderful guest! Beautiful card and such a great fold!

Amy Jasper said...

So pleased to have you as our guest over at the As You See It Challenge Blog! I haven't done a step card fold like this one for a long time. Thanks for the inspiration to revisit this one! I love the double bow with the silver ribbon and your innovation with the word bubble! Brilliant!

laurie said...

Love the challenge colors..and your card! If I get some time tomorrow..I'll make a card and play along.If not I'll try for the next challenge! Sounds fun!