Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Harvest Home TSOT187 & MIM191

DSCF5467

Hi everyone!  Yay, we’ve made it to Wednesday, and it’s the first of October!  That means I can put up my Halloween decorations!  I know everyone else has probably already put theirs up, but my “rule” is that I don’t start until my calendar page has turned to October! 

And speaking of October, Try Stampin’ on Tuesday has a nice sketch this week, and the theme is Harvest Time.  I hadn’t done any watercoloring for a while, so I pulled out a retired set called Harvest Home, my Stazon ink and some watercolor paper and went to work!  Here’s the sketch:



And here’s my card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Harvest Home Stampin Up

The Kraft Journal’s Make it Monday challenge was buttons and bows….I immediately wanted to go in the shabby seam binding/sewing direction, but I thought some twine bows would look good with this rustic image, so I added some faux buttons for better mailing capability!!!:

DSCF5465

I added a black mat and some retired fall DSP, then finished it with the “gratitude” sentiment from Project Life’s Holiday Cheer.   Stamping it on the a scrap of watercolor paper didn’t give me the solid look I was trying to achieve, so I stamped it on a scrap of Very Vanilla….worked great!  Thanks for visiting today!

A busy day of playing proved to be just a wee bit too much for one little girl:

DSCF5462

After insisting she did NOT want to take a nap, she decided to watch Cinderella….and that was all she wrote, LOL!

Enjoy your day!

Project Details
Stamps Harvest Home (ret), Project Life Holiday Cheer, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake Basic Black, Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Orchard Harvest DSP, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP (ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Button Die (ret), Dimensionals

10 comments:

Bananastamper said...

I love the texture on this one. Beautiful image, beautiful card.
Shanna

stampwithsandy said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! Love that lovely autumnal image and the rich fall colors.

Crystal Komara said...

Hi LeAnne, what a great fall card! That Indian colored corn is just so fun and lifelike. I had a good chuckle when you said it was now October 1, so you can put up decorations. What a hoot, because my motto is, "No heat gets turned on in this house until October 1" So you decorate away and I'll crank my heat up! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

Brenda in IN said...

I love this card. Your Indian corn looks so authentic and the blue and white ceramic is gorgeous. I have a lot of that so it really draws me in. Great card. A nap is a nap no matter where you drift off!

Bev Gomez said...

love your card but wow that is a lot of coloring those corn kernels. Cut pic of Cassidy, she is getting so big. Have a great day

Lisa Elton said...

You did a beautiful job coloring the Indian corn LeAnne!! Look how peaceful your little pumpkin looks!! LOVE here SWEET sneakers!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Wonderful job, LeAnne. Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by to share with us this week at The Kraft Journal. I hope you'll stop by again soon to play along. You can see our great products here at The Kraft Outlet www.kraftoutlet.com and we know you will LOVE our inventory and low shipping charges. Have a blessed week and please join us again soon.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

MJ said...

Oh my Cassidy has gotten so big and still cute as ever. I love your fun fall card, the cardstock buttons are my favorite and your coloring too --of course. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the colors you chose! Also your coloring is lovely! Thanks for joining is at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

L. Brown said...

Little Miss Cassidy looks so sweet laying there. I guess we are all watching her grow just like our grandkids too. Lovely card too!