Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday Sketches

DSCF5100

Happy Saturday, all!  We had an absolutely glorious day yesterday—definitely fall-like, and I was able to stamp some, too! My first card is for two challenges:  Create with Connie & Mary’s color challenge 320, and the CAS-Colours & Sketches sketch challenge 91:

CCMC320

and here’s my submission:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Something to Say Stampin Up Work of Art

Simple and easy!  I chose to make a regular-sized card because I already had a card base sitting on my desk…..I used the swoosh and heart from Work of Art and a sentiment from Something to Say.  I stamped the heart twice without reinking and popped one up:

DSCF5099

The new All is Calm DSP was a perfect match for this color challenge too!

My second card is note-card sized; it uses the theme of “Chickens” from Shopping our Stash, and the Match The Sketch sketch 37:

I feel like I never got to use this little chicken image from the retired SU set, Countryside, and I was perusing my old sets and thought it would be perfect for the challenge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Countryside Stampin Up

She (or maybe it’s actually a he, a rooster!!!) is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and mounted on a piece of Cherry Cobbler stamped with the retired French Script BG stamp and cut out with a W+9 die.  I did some overstamping on a piece of Pink Paislee paper with an MFT honeycomb stamp, and added some washi tape banners.  I popped it all up on a Sahara Sand note card.  Sentiment is from PTI.   A funny thing about the black sequins I used; we were garage saling on Saturday and I offered a quarter for this package of unopened sequins….she took my offer, and when I got home and opened them, the date on the inside packet was 1947!!!!!   Truly vintage, wouldn’t you say?!

We went for Cassidy’s x-ray yesterday, so we’ll see what the doctor says about how her wrist is progressing!  Meanwhile, she is getting quite adept at using her left hand!  Here, she’s playing with glitter glue and spreading it with a paintbrush.  The only challenge is getting the lid off and she tries to use her TEETH to do it!  Needless to say, I am discouraging her to do that!!!

DSCF5038

Thanks for visiting today!

25 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Wow! 2 fabulous cards. Love how you used the Work of Art set for the first sketch and I love how you embellished the bow. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary and sharing your darling card! I am a big fan of that chicken image myself. I particularly like how you didn't color it but stamped it red. Looks terrific - as does your card!

Linda said...

Hi LeAnne Thank you so much for the beautiful card. That was so thoughtful of you.
I love the cards today. My favorite it s the rooster one.
Yes I agree even though we all have used our teeth at one time on another it isn't a good habit. I hope you get good results. Those little bone heal pretty quick I think.
Happy Weekend!

Linda said...

My favorite is the work of art card. Love that color combo! Can't wait to case that one!!

Linda said...

Love your contemplation verse!!!
Love this card, too!
Have a blessed weekend! God bless you.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful card (1st one) and take on the challenges. I love the way you used the Work of Art stamp set and of course the hearts are perfect. The colours on this card are so pretty.
I love the rooster image and collaged chicken wire on the 2nd card. 1947??? that's amazing - what a find. Almost makes you not want to use them??
It's so good to see Cassidy adapting to her cast. She may end up being ambidexterist (how do I spell that word anyways?) from learning to adapt to a broken wrist this early in life:)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two lovely cards today LeAnne - love how you used the Work of Art stamp in the first one.

Cheryl Mooney said...

The rooster card is fabulous! Sequins, perfect touch and vintage, to boot, love it.

Basement Stamper said...

Both cards are great, loving the rooster card.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both just marvelous LeAnne!! I'm sort of smitten with that chicken/rooster card!!!

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card - such a great choice of colours too - thanks for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

karen h said...

Both cards are amazing! I love the stamp layering on the rooster card.

Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! I love the colors you chose - and how you used the sketch!

Deb said...

Love how you combined the challenge colors with the Work of Art stamp set! They bow with the bit of bakers' twine is so sweet! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

sabine mayer said...

vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch.
Very nice card ! Thank you !
Sabine

Patricia Hays said...

Two terrific cards in two wonderful color schemes! I especially like the way you used the swoosh stamp on the first card. Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! :)

Donna said...

Fantastic cards LeAnne!
Love the chicken (rooster??) with the chicken wire on the design paper & those washi tape flags! Just awesome!! Thanks for joining the crew at Shopping Our Stash this week for the "Chicken" challenge!!

Denise Price said...

Wow--1940's sequins! Now that's a glamorous item for your stash. :)

Both cards are very pretty. Nice touch to use a chicken wire stamp on the chicken card.

Margaret Raburn said...

What a lovely way to use these colors and combine them with the sketch! Clever use of the Work of Art set too! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Fanny said...

Nice card, thanks for play with us... Greetings Fanny

Connie Babbert said...

Ahhh, sorry to hear about Cassidy's wrist...looks like she is adapting! LOVE both your cards! Using Work of Art for the color challenge is inspired! Love the vintage rooster, too...what fun to find some 1947 sequins! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Colleen Dietrich said...

LOVE that chicken card. Love. Just pinned it. :) Thank you for always providing such amazing inspiration, LeAnne!

Hope C's arm is better soon. THank goodness kids heal quicker than adults do.

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in the chicken challenge at shopping our stash. Love the design of this card and the sketch use was fabulous. The chicken wire background just tops it off!

Nadine said...

Hi LeAnn,
I like the vintage look of your card. So cool.
Thanks for joining us at Match the Sketch this week!

Chana Malkah said...

Love the layout and that fabulous chicken stamp. Very nicely composed and executed. Thanks for accepting the challenge this week here at Shopping Our Stash.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Lisa Martz said...

What a clever way to do a bow...I guess I hadn't thought of baker's twine...makes a beautiful bow with no twisting to the ribbon so it stays uniform. I really like both cards! Your Work of Art card for the color challenge is very nice! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

Louise van Vuren said...

Love how you have used the Work of Art stamps, absolutely fab use of the sketch and very CAS. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches

Louise xx