Friday, August 1, 2014

FMS147

DSCF4349

Happy Friday, everyone!  Somehow yesterday’s post just totally got forgotten…between convention and partying, I just can’t get back into my routine, LOL!  I am gearing up my thank-you card-making, so the next few posts, you’ll probably see lots of thank-you cards!   I started with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week:

and got out some notecards to make a couple of  these quick little cards:

DSCF4350

I didn’t notice until the cards were in the mail that my camera had a dirty smudge on its lens…..so just bear with the blur at the bottom!  I stamped the chevron from Work of Art in Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight and Coastal Cabana, then added a sentiment and heart from Another Birthday in Bermuda Bay, using the new-to-me Word Bubbles dies.  I finished it off with a simple baker’s twine bow.  CAS and easy!!!

I haven’t shared many convention photos, so here are a few:

image1

That’s Heidi Boos, Nance Lempinen-Leedy, me, and Linda Callahan!

img_0444

The famous Justin Krieger!

photo2_zpsc45c92e9

And me, Nance, Shelli & Sterling Gardener, and Nance’s mom, Nancy!!!

And here’s Cassidy, too….can’t leave her out!

DSCF4336

She’s eating a cupcake from the party!  I cut it in half horizontally, then put the bottom on the top so you have a cupcake “sandwich” with the frosting in the middle!  Yum!

DSCF4344

13 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

I love your CAS card! The chevrons look fantastic in the vertical position. What I great way to place the sentiment too. Adorable! I've seen that cupcake strategy somewhere before…. :)

Doris said...

WOW! Cupcake sandwiches! Who woulda thought!!

Frenchie said...

Love that card , sweet and simple, and love your pics,
Did you have fun? I wish I could of gone , sigh .......
One day,
That's a great idea on the cup cake ,
She just to cute , ok
Have a great weekend ,
Hugs frenchie ,

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you used Work of Art! And those pix do make me smile! One of the best tips I got at Convention was how to make a cupcake sandwich!

Elaine M said...

This card has a double "WOW" factor - wonderful colors and design. And look at our lovely Miss C enjoying her cupcake sandwich - you come up with the best ideas !!! Hugs

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE colorful chevrons LeAnne! You all look like you were having FUN at convention, cute pics. I'll have to remember the cupcake sandwich, less mess I'll bet!

Cheryl said...

Hey wonderful Lady! I did get the recipes and thank you so much! I am having the back surgery on Aug 11. I am unsubscribing from many blogs and challenges, so I won't have a major backlog. I probably will not get to my computer till Oct. I will re-subscribe then! Thanks for sharing everything and I look forward to seeing your blog and Cassidy too! Blessing to you all!

Cheryl said...

Went ahead and posted last blog for now, until October my friend! Blessings to you! Cheryl

barb mann said...

Love the bright colored chevrons! Can barely wait to case this one. So clean and fresh! Love all the convention pics too.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love your take on this sketch. What fun to use the chevron for this and in such pretty colours too. This would be a great design for mass production.
Great idea for the cupcake sandwich. Looks like Cassidy is enjoying it;)

Amy O said...

What a great stamp set to use for this sketch! And I do LOVE these colors together. Fabulous card! I really miss running into you fun ladies all of the time.

Jen Timko said...

Love this take on the sketch!! So clever as always! Those pictures just make me smile! Such great people all together!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch! Sooo jealous you got to meet Nance and Linda! Looks like you had loads of fun at Convention too :)