Friday, January 10, 2014

FMS 118 with a Tag Topper Bag Hanger

DSCF0157 
Happy Friday, peeps!  I have two projects to show you today, one I am pretty excited about, so be sure to scroll down and read it all!  My card uses the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week:
and I was able to use some of the beautiful Fresh Prints DP: 

Weeinklings LeAnne Pugliese Stampin Up Valentine Tag Topper Punch card

I had seen some beautiful burlap roses on Pinterest (you can see the tutorial HERE) and I thought one would be pretty on this card.  I made mine with SU’s burlap trim and decorated it with a hat pin and a diecut heart embellished with our jumbo pearls.

DSCF0158

Now obviously, this would never fit into an envelope, so I thought I would make a “hanger” to fit on the outside of a gift bag, on which to hang my card.  I have actually made these before, but now that we have the Tag Topper punches, they are even easier!  (I know there are dies out in the stamping world as well for these, so this is not my original idea!)  And, this only works for cards that have top folds.  So here we go!

I used a piece of cardstock 5 1/2” x 2” (or just a hair under 2”) and punched each end with the Tag Topper punch.  I slit the tag piece at the top from cutout to cutout…you can do this with an Xacto knife or just with scissors…..and adhered JUST THE TOP PORTION to the gift bag with Sticky Strip.  If you adhere the bottom portion, you won’t be able to slide your card in!   You can also use a glue dot on the ends of the tag for extra hold.  You can barely see the slit here (and just ignore that piece of white cardstock under it…I am “recycling” a used bag!): 

DSCF0161

Then just slide the card into the slit:

DSCF0163

And here’s how it looks on the bag:

WeeInklings LeAnne Pugliese Tag Topper Punch Bag Hanger Stampin Up

You can embellish the hanger any way you like!  This is a Valentine’s card, so I added a Valentine sentiment and some hearts, and here is the inside:

DSCF0159

Thanks for visiting today!
Now, a continuation of yesterday’s trip to the hairdresser:

12 comments:

Dee Tollaksen said...

What a great idea, the tag converted into a bag/card holder! Genius!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that burlap flower with the hat pin! So old fashioned looking and wonderful! Genius way to attach to the bag! Don't letCassidy come near you with those "clippers"......lol!

Denise Willerton said...

I LOVE this LeAnne ~ what a fabulous idea! Enjoy your day!!!

Kara said...

love the way you made the tag into a card holder for your bag!

Karen Davis said...

LeAnne, this is such a sweet card, the burlap rose is gorgeous and I love the Pin and DSP. What a fabulous idea to make a hanger on the gift bag for a 3D card.

Darlene Gabriel said...

This is beautiful! I love the burlap flower and heart with the pearl and pin. This DSP is so pretty too. The "hanger" for the card is wonderful.
I know I already said it but ... once again....Sweet video;)

stampwithsandy said...

This is such a pretty card, LeAnne! Love that burlap flower. You're tag topper hanger is so cool, too! What a great way to gift a "chunky" card.

Amy O said...

I love the burlap flower! And I love the hat pin and pearl on the heart. Of course, the bag hanger is genius! Love it all, LeAnne!

Jen Timko said...

You are so smart!! Love this idea, LeAnne! Glad to see you, as always!

Cindy Lovell said...

Perfect!! What an awesome idea! And i LOVE the colors and papers you've used...so beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Bonnie said...

I love that pretty paper and the burlap rose! Thanks for sharing that wonderful bag holder. So much better than a clip!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just beautiful LeAnne! Fabulous idea to hang your card on the gift bag you clever thing! I made one of these roses recently but put it on a tag as I wasn't smart enough to hang it on a bag!