Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Watercolor Poinsettia

DSCF9201-001

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  What a whirlwind week I have had….four stamping events within a week’s time!  But I had fun---two clubs and two camps—and now I can start stamping just for me!!  I had ten minutes before one club started, and I threw this together FAST….stamped the Joyful Christmas poinsettia image on watercolor paper, dabbled on the colors with ink and an aquapainter, stamped the speckle from Gorgeous Grunge, mounted it on a Very Vanilla card base,  and I was finished:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Joyful Christmas Watercolor Stampin Up

Here’s a closeup of my very loose coloring, LOL!

DSCF9202

I did go back later on and add some glitter to the centers…I just thought they looked a wee bit bare!  Thanks for stopping by today!

DSCF9201

Brrrrr….it’s getting cold outside!

DSCF9157

11 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a beautiful card! I love your watercoloring, LeAnne. And I envy you, I can't create anything fast!

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a gorgeous card and wonderful colouring. I keep looking at this stamp but then not getting it. You've got me thinking I might have to after all.
Sorry to say the cold has arrived here also although we can't complain because it's still not been as cold as we've had other years at this same time.

mudmaven said...

WOW! It would take me at least a half hour to fussy cut that out, let alone paint it! Great card - as always. Stay warm out there - we've got snow headed our way tonight that is supposed to hang around till the weekend. We'll see how that goes. ~chris

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, this is gorgeous! I'm envious of your watercoloring skills!

Cheryl Mooney said...

Just beautiful, LeAnne!

Kara said...

so pretty and artsy!

Bonnie said...

Dabbled the ink, LOL, that's some gorgeous dabbling, my friend! A gorgeous card!

None None said...

You are a creative genius, my friend! It would take me ten minutes just to sit down and get my head together to even think about making a card. ;) love your creativity here - the grunge and that gorgeous watercolored poinsettia!

Katherine said...

so lovely! I love how this turned out & very jealous you were able to create it so quickly!

jengd said...

Beautifully done!

Greta said...

Oh how I love this card--scrumptious!