Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CAS Sympathy

DSCF6707

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I am late today---I had stamp camp last night where we made some nice Christmas cards, and this morning was so refreshingly cool that I relaxed a bit!  It’s a welcome relief from the hot, humid weather we’ve been having!

I needed two sympathy cards this week….I had a couple of ideas in mind and then I got my SU order with my holiday mini items, so I broke open Magnificent Maple and made a one-layer card:

LeAnne Pugliese Magnificent Maple

Again, this is one of those cards that looks so much better in real life!  I embossed the leaf with Versamark and gold embossing powder, which makes it eligible for the CASology 54 challenge, which is “gold”; I added some twine around the stem, which qualifies it for the CAS on Sunday challenge, which is kraft and twine.  After embossing it, I made a mask and stamped the French words from Nature Walk and did some sponging, then stamped the words from Blessings from Heaven. 

I have received several nice cards in the mail recently and I thought I’d share one a day with you!  This one came a while back, but I don’t think I shared it; it’s from my friend Teri:

DSCF4725

Even if I did share it, it’s worth sharing again!  I love this color combo and this is one of my favorite vintage SU stamps!

Finally, Cassidy spent some time playing with her dolls and some chalk; thankfully the chalk washes off easily because she was covering every available doll surface with purple—even her scalp!

DSCF6685
DSCF6688
DSCF6689

Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Magnificent Maple, Nature Walk (ret), Blessings from Heaven
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake
 Ink Versamark, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip
Accessories Gold Embossing Powder, Piercer, Linen Thread, Sponge Dauber
Tools     Heat Tool

15 comments:

Mynn xx said...

These are both so lovely! I adore the gold leaf on the first--so gorgeous! :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

I just bought that Stampin Up Stamp set at the Scrapbooking Expos SAT! I am overjoyed to see it!

I can't wait to play with it. Your card creation is just lovely!

Thanks fo joining in the GOLD Glam at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both beautiful cards LeAnne! The fold leaf is stunning. Little miss mommy is sweet as every too. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us this week at CASology!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Both are lovely! I have that new maple leaf and I will be getting it inked up as soon as possible. Thanks for the inspiration.

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful LeAnne! Love the bold gold leaf and how your card is one layer. I struggle with that. This is simple and stunning.

Cassidy is adorable. She is making her own clothes don't you know! lol.

None None said...

Wow, LeAnne! This is breathtaking! I love the masking you did and the touch of twine adds just the beautiful final touch. By the way, thank you for the gorgeous card you sent me - I love it and it is hanging in my inspiration card frame!

dpkennedy said...

That's a really beautiful sympathy card. It's simple but elegant!

Margaret said...

I love your sympathy card, and tell darling Miss Cassidy that she is very on trend--colored chalk hair is in. Don't quite understand process on humans' hair, but love it on the doll!

Kara said...

that gold leaf is a gorgeous touch!

Meghan said...

Your gold leaf is stunning! Cassidy is adorable, too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

*Vicki* said...

Really love your sympathy creation!! Such a beautiful collage! I love the fun tech you've used on the other design too! :)

Ardyth said...

Beautiful sympathy card - clean, elegant and serene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Janice said...

Beautiful card and lovely photo's. It does look however that even dollies can be hard work some time! Jx

Melissa said...

That embossed leaf is absolutely beautiful and I love the soft sponging you did around it! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week! :)

Nancy said...

I love the masking you did and the touch of twine on your card! Lovely and so are your photos of your daughter so cute!!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!