Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kick Up Yer Heels!

DSCF2972-001

Happy Saturday!  Today is my daughter’s birthday – it’s a big one!!!  I got this stamp set back when the new SU catalog came out, just because I knew I could use this image for her….she loves to country line dance!!!

DSCF2972

I used a tag from Two Tags and mounted my paper-pieced cowboy boots on top….added a glimmer brad and some ribbon and twine, and it’s done!  BTW, when I got this stamp, I cut the sentiment apart from the boot image…..I like being able to stamp it anywhere I want!!!

DSCF2974

This is also for the Catered Crop Polka Dot Recipe Swap challenge!  

Yesterday was such a beautiful day, Cassidy and Grampy played in the sandbox!  Grampy helped Cassidy make a “cake”!!!

DSCF2168

DSCF2175

DSCF2170

DSCF2169

Thanks for visiting today! Be sure to come back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!

10 comments:

Kim S said...

This makes ME want to kick up my heels and I am NOT a kick-up-yer-heels kinda gal!!

Linda said...

A big on? Is she 90? that is a big one now to me. LOL Love the card.
Those are such sweet pictures of Cassidy and Grandpa.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Linda

Linda Callahan said...

Ahhh spring always comes earlier to you Pennsylvanians! Happy Birthday to your daughter - she will love the card :)

Denise Willerton said...

Sweet card LeAnne, I love the boots and I usually cut the sentiments as well...I don't think I own this one (bad when you're not sure what you have)...better go check, thinking I need this set too! I can't believe you're looking at grass already, we're in a winter wonderland for about another month. Enjoy your weekend *hugs*

Linda McClain said...

Holy Cow-pokes! This is adorable. So glad you played along with us at Catered Crop.

Carol L said...

Yee-HAW! Love dem boots and a big ole happy birthday to your daughter today! Miss Cassidy looks happy at play in her sandbox, but I love that card she stamped for her mommy too! A chip off the ole block I'd say :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi LeAnne! This is darling, and SO creative and fun. Thanks for sharing it in the Polka Dot Recipe Swap at Catered Crop. I also hope you will consider stopping by Word Art Wednesday to share it with us there as well. We'd LOVE to have you play along with us!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Susie said...

LeAnne,
You captured my southwestern heart with those cute cowgirl boots! I especially liked the stitched outline on the tag - it's perfect! Off-setting the boots on the tag gives a nice balance too. And your stamped sentiment is so nice, clean, and crisp. Love your card!

Bonnie said...

How fun, LeAnne!

Patti said...

What a fun card. Bet she loved it.