Monday, January 14, 2013

Merry Monday 45

DSCF2059

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  I spent yesterday with my hostesses, eating, stamping and laughing!  It was terrific, and I promise to show you some goodies later in the week!

It’s time for another challenge from Lesley at Merry Monday, and she has a sketch for us today:

This card went together pretty quickly, as I had most of the elements sitting on my desk (ahem, from before Christmas!!!!) so when I saw the sketch, I knew I could finally put them to use:

MM45-LeAnne

It’s a bit difficult to see, but I stamped some fir trees on the plaid background, added the leaping deer and some paper ribbon; the only other stamping is the little Crafty Secrets Santa:

DSCF2058 

and if you remember these pictures from last week:

DSCF2054DSCF2055

the little Santa was what was so intriguing to her!!!

I hope you’ll get a good head start on your holiday cards by playing along with us this week!  It’s a fun, easy sketch and we’d love to see your take on it.  Be sure to stop by Always Playing with Paper to see what the other girls made with it, too!  And remember….any questions?  Email me!

 

DSCF2052-001

12 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Absolutely love everything about this card, especially that leaping deer.

Linda said...

Great card and sketch! I got the TH deer and haven't used them great idea. Love the pictures.

Notes by Nina said...

Great card LeAnne, I love the colours and papers you used. You have so many subtle details it is wonderful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow LeAnne, that is such a beautiful card.

Wendy said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! Love the deer and the little Santa image! Perfectly done!
Cassidy is so cute! Love these pictures of her....

Vicki Burdick said...

Beautiful, just love the vintage feel of this card!!

Bonnie said...

How nice that those pieces on your desk worked so well for this sketch! I always love that leaping deer! And that sweet face of Cassidy is heart warming.

Margaret Moody said...

I love how you combined the different elements of your card, LeAnne! I really like the subtle image of the trees behind the deer too! Such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

Omigosh, that last picture of her is SO cute! Love it! This is a great card, I too, am fond of the Santa embellie :)

Jean McKenzie said...

Great card LeeAnne! I love that leaping deer the music paper on him is ideal and I love that paper ribbon too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a beautiful card LeAnne! Don't you love it when you can use "stuff" that's been sitting around on your desk and not let it go to waste? I love Cassidy's cheeky face in this photo!

Lesley said...

Rich and classy! Love that paper ribbon LeAnne, and that smiling face!